[Complete] The Mentor 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mparker wrote: May 18th, 2018, 6:05 am Hi Lynne, could I please read section 2, Rembrandt?

Thanks, Myra
Thank you for claiming
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Agentmercury

Post by Agentmercury »

I'm a Brit but speak dutch as a second language; I'd be keen to do chapter 8 (Holland).

I would just like to clarify the pronunciation rules though: are all the proper nouns and place names are to be pronounced as in the native language?
So for example "Utrecht" without MC/PL guidance I would pronounce as "OO - t r eh kh t " but the American received pronunciation is more like "Yu - tre kk t". Do you want closer to native or closer to US received?

Thanks,

Debs
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Agentmercury wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 5:18 am I'm a Brit but speak dutch as a second language; I'd be keen to do chapter 8 (Holland).

I would just like to clarify the pronunciation rules though: are all the proper nouns and place names are to be pronounced as in the native language?
So for example "Utrecht" without MC/PL guidance I would pronounce as "OO - t r eh kh t " but the American received pronunciation is more like "Yu - tre kk t". Do you want closer to native or closer to US received?

Thanks,

Debs
Thank you for claiming.
As for pronunciation, we don't usually comment so long as it is understandable. As you have some knowledge of Dutch, you could definitely make use of that. If you come across words you are unfamiliar with, we just ask you 'do your best'... although, to be honest, I personally feel we should make every effort to find correct pronunciation for proper nouns but that isn't the policy.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 6 Uncle Sam PL OK
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

I'd like to record Section 14 -- Big Game Animals of America

:D
Siobhan
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

I actually have the recording ready, so I can upload it right away if you approve :)
Siobhan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: May 25th, 2018, 3:09 am I actually have the recording ready, so I can upload it right away if you approve :)
Go ahead... but it's always risky to record before your claim is confirmed (especially on long sections like these). We generally advise against it.
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

Lynnet wrote: May 25th, 2018, 8:27 am
Pixxol wrote: May 25th, 2018, 3:09 am I actually have the recording ready, so I can upload it right away if you approve :)
Go ahead... but it's always risky to record before your claim is confirmed (especially on long sections like these). We generally advise against it.
Apologies, Lynnet--I didn't mean any offense by "jumping the gun". :oops:

This is my first week since February that I've had time to volunteer and I've just been so excited to record! :D Next week I'm back in school, so my free time is going to be pretty much non-existent again, lol!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mentor2_14_various_128kb.mp3 47m 53s
Also, as a note to PL: on page 6 " CARIBOU In its summer coat, with its antlers 'in the velvet'" is a sentence fragment inserted in the middle of a section about rocky mountain goats. I can add it back in, but I think it was a typo.
Siobhan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: May 25th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Lynnet wrote: May 25th, 2018, 8:27 am
Apologies, Lynnet--I didn't mean any offense by "jumping the gun". :oops:

This is my first week since February that I've had time to volunteer and I've just been so excited to record! :D Next week I'm back in school, so my free time is going to be pretty much non-existent again, lol!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mentor2_14_various_128kb.mp3 47m 53s
Also, as a note to PL: on page 6 " CARIBOU In its summer coat, with its antlers 'in the velvet'" is a sentence fragment inserted in the middle of a section about rocky mountain goats. I can add it back in, but I think it was a typo.
Thank you.
It's not a problem... from my point of view. But just think how frustrated you'd be if you did a 47 minute recording (which took 2 hours + I imagine) and I had assigned it to someone else in the meantime. I'll PL as soon as I can... I'm supposed to be working, so we'll see how bored I get :wink:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Game Animals of America PL OK.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ColleenMc wrote: May 26th, 2018, 4:56 pm Chapter 20 is up:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mentor2_20_various_128kb.mp3

52:09
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

PL notes:

20: Benjamin Franklin PL OK
There was a constant background noise (it sounded like a lawn mower)… no need to fret, but be aware of it in future and try to eliminate it.