Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon, United States
|The Strange Story Book by Mrs. Lang (1851 - 1933)
. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-strange-story-book-by-leonora-blanche-lang/
A collection of stories compiled by the widow of the renowned children's short-story collector, Andrew Lang. She describes this as the final installment of his series of fairy stories and includes some of those stories he had not included in other collections. In the preface, she pays tribute to her husband, saying he liked old things more than new, he loved all beasts' because they were beasts', fairies, cricket and dancing. He longed to visit far away places, but hated to travel. But most of all he befriended children wherever he went and they shared stories with him. Only his own children mocked him. ( Lynne Thompson)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37396
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
Readers, please note: no extensions will be granted thru July 2016. If you are unable to complete your section(s) it will be reassigned
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Leonora Blanche Lang) : n/a
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
- Number of sections (files) this project will have: 35
- Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
- Original publication date (if known): 1913
- If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales
Keywords that describe the book:
============================================ BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
- "Chapter [number] of The Strange Story Book. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"The Strange Story Book, by Mrs. Lang. [Chapter]"
END of recording
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of The Strange Story Book, by Mrs. Lang. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!AFTER recording
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
strangestorybook_##_lang_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. strangestorybook_01_lang_128kb.mp3)
Transfer of files (completed recordings) [b]Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Lynnet
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below
_________________Help us finish:Under Fire: The Story of a Squad
8 sections remainingLion Ben of Elm Island
5 sections remaining
Or how about a Victorian soap opera?The Mysteries of London 2 15 sections remaining