Orphans (sections needing new readers)

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » November 17th, 2015, 2:13 am

What are 'Orphans?'
They are sections in an otherwise fully-claimed project that were previously claimed by a volunteer who wanted to record them, but that volunteer has had to give them up for one reason or another (this is perfectly all right and can happen to anyone).

This is the place for these stray chapters needing a new volunteer to take over.

What if no chapters are listed below? Do you still need readers?
Definitely! Please sign up for any other project in this forum, just click on a topic and claim a section - you'll see in each introduction which sections are still up for grabs!

Can't find anything needing adoption here? - there may be Orphaned Chapters or Dramatic Orphans!

How do I claim an orphaned chapter?
Please post a reply in the relevant book project itself, NOT in this thread.

Please note that files are often orphaned towards the end of a project, and so a quick turnaround may be requested. Please don't claim an orphan chapter unless you're able to record, edit and post it in a timely manner (ask the BC if you're not sure about this.)

Note to Book Coordinators:
Please post a link to your project thread and ask readers to sign up and post completed files there -- NOT in this thread. We'll keep this thread as a kind of 'bill board' to stick up notices. Please post again in here when all orphans in your project have been claimed.

Thank you!
Carolin

Let me know if you are looking for a book suggestion for your next solo project!

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » October 16th, 2018, 5:33 am

5 sections in The Book of American Negro Poetry have now been orphaned.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70937&p=1484519
Help Us Finish These Projects:
The Dream (Joanna Baillie)
The Book of American Negro Poetry (multiple authors)
The Vampire; or, The Bride of the Isles (J.R. Planché)

My computer died. Might be a little slow to respond.

aynana08

Post by aynana08 » October 16th, 2018, 9:57 am

i'm kinda new here and i'd like to know if if i could volunteer for this one? and i'd like to know the process of reading this poetry

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » October 16th, 2018, 10:24 am

aynana08 wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 9:57 am
i'm kinda new here and i'd like to know if if i could volunteer for this one? and i'd like to know the process of reading this poetry
Click on the link in the post above and make your request there. All requests, etc. are done in the project thread. Read the first post there for instructions and ask if you have questions. :)
Fiction: It Is Never too Late to Mend
Irish Home Rule Arguments: Handbook on Home Rule
Sci-Fi removing memories: Dr. Heidenhoff's Process
The Curious Lore of Precious Stones
Community Podcast re: PL'ing - Call for Submissions