[COMPLETE] Dr. Hackensaw's Secrets by Clement Fezandie - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
nathanmeyers

Post by nathanmeyers »

kristakz wrote: August 16th, 2022, 7:29 pm
nathanmeyers wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:28 pm Hello icequeen. I would like to record section #23, "The Secret of the Memory Obliterator".

Nathan
Hi Nathan,

As BC, I'm happy to assign that section to you. Welcome to the team.

Krista
Thanks, Krista. Delighted to be here - the material looks like a lot of fun. As a kid, I devoured the 1960's/70's versions of magazines like Science and Invention.

One question: the story has a lot of subheads - totally superfluous to the story, but part of the style of the author and period. Is the practice to read them, or not to read them?

Nathan
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

nathanmeyers wrote: August 16th, 2022, 8:50 pm
kristakz wrote: August 16th, 2022, 7:29 pm
nathanmeyers wrote: August 16th, 2022, 2:28 pm Hello icequeen. I would like to record section #23, "The Secret of the Memory Obliterator".

Nathan
Hi Nathan,

As BC, I'm happy to assign that section to you. Welcome to the team.

Krista
Thanks, Krista. Delighted to be here - the material looks like a lot of fun. As a kid, I devoured the 1960's/70's versions of magazines like Science and Invention.

One question: the story has a lot of subheads - totally superfluous to the story, but part of the style of the author and period. Is the practice to read them, or not to read them?

Nathan
I've seen (heard :) ) it read both ways, so I'm fine with whichever you choose. They do sometimes interrupt the flow (I've always assumed it was the magazine editor who added them, rather than the author). If there are chapter markers, please make sure to read those, however.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Thank you. These are both PL OK :thumbs:
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

AakarshGarg wrote: August 9th, 2022, 8:04 am
kristakz wrote: August 7th, 2022, 2:17 pm
AakarshGarg wrote: August 7th, 2022, 12:36 pm can i claim section 38 please
38 is yours :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/drhackensawssecrets_38_fezandie_128kb.mp3

9:13
Thank you for this. What you read was wonderful, and has no issues. However, you stopped before the end of the story. You need to continue reading Chapter II, which jumps over to page 1238 (page 72 of the PDF) and then continues for several more pages.
Krista
lorenafacio

Post by lorenafacio »

Hi! Can I claim sections 3, 7, 14 and 17?
cx2tech

Post by cx2tech »

Would love to work on this project, but honestly got lost in the conversation threads of 'how to' access ...

Section 7 - The Secret of Life

The link takes me to The Miracles of the Silver Screen, and I am unable to locate The Secret of Life when scrolling up / down.

Please advise, thanks!
Laurie
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

cx2tech wrote: August 21st, 2022, 5:13 am Would love to work on this project, but honestly got lost in the conversation threads of 'how to' access ...

The link takes me to The Miracles of the Silver Screen, and I am unable to locate The Secret of Life when scrolling up / down.

Please advise, thanks!
Laurie
Sorry about that. It's apparently 2 pages later. I have updated the link.
Unfortunately, section 7 was claimed just before you posted. If you would like to claim a different section, let me know and if you have trouble with the link I'll get that cleared up ASAP.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

lorenafacio wrote: August 20th, 2022, 10:03 pm Hi! Can I claim sections 3, 7, 14 and 17?
Certainly! Welcome to the team.

How would you like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your username, your real name, or anything you like. Please let me know so I can setup your catalog page and officially assign these to you.
Krista
cx2tech

Post by cx2tech »

kristakz wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:08 am
cx2tech wrote: August 21st, 2022, 5:13 am Would love to work on this project, but honestly got lost in the conversation threads of 'how to' access ...

Please advise, thanks!
Laurie
Unfortunately, section 7 was claimed just before you posted. If you would like to claim a different section, let me know and if you have trouble with the link I'll get that cleared up ASAP.
Yeah noticed AFTER I sent the request of course hahaha - and Thank you!

How about:

19 - The Secret of the Super Telescope
24 - The Secret of the Submarine City

Can I claim these please?
lorenafacio

Post by lorenafacio »

kristakz wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:10 am
lorenafacio wrote: August 20th, 2022, 10:03 pm Hi! Can I claim sections 3, 7, 14 and 17?

How would you like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your username, your real name, or anything you like. Please let me know so I can setup your catalog page and officially assign these to you.

I would like to be listed by my username, thank you!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

lorenafacio wrote: August 21st, 2022, 8:09 am
kristakz wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:10 am

I would like to be listed by my username, thank you!
Done :) Your reader page is here https://librivox.org/reader/17773, where you can find information about all of your assigned readings.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

cx2tech wrote: August 21st, 2022, 6:54 am

Please advise, thanks!
Laurie

How about:

They are yours.

How would you like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your username, your real name, or anything you like.
Krista
cx2tech

Post by cx2tech »

kristakz wrote: August 21st, 2022, 8:52 am

How about:

They are yours.

How would you like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your username, your real name, or anything you like.
Great! I would like to use my user name - thank you!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

cx2tech wrote: August 21st, 2022, 8:56 am

How about:

They are yours.

All done. You can find your reader page here https://librivox.org/reader/17774, with information about all of your assigned readings (including these two :) )
Krista
cx2tech

Post by cx2tech »

kristakz wrote: August 21st, 2022, 9:14 am
cx2tech wrote: August 21st, 2022, 8:56 am

They are yours.

All done. You can find your reader page here https://librivox.org/reader/17774, with information about all of your assigned readings (including these two :) )
Much appreciated Krista, thank you!