[COMPLETE]Canada in War-Paint, by Ralph W. Bell - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

JHedrick wrote: August 15th, 2022, 9:46 am Corrected section 3: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/canadainwarpaint_03_bell_128kb.mp3

I was wondering what you had against Adam Ant Ears :lol:
PL Okay.

I've nothing against Adam Ant—though I do prefer Atom Ant. I had just started high school when Adam hit the music scene and I used to confuse the two when friends started raving about him.
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
DropDLife

Post by DropDLife »

Hi, I'd like to claim sections 7 and 8 please.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

DropDLife wrote: August 16th, 2022, 6:29 pm Hi, I'd like to claim sections 7 and 8 please.
Thank you! Those sections are yours.
Krista
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

Hello!

I would like to be assigned 16-19 please!

Thank you kindly!
~Christine~

Remember: "Even a glow stick had to break to shine."
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

WinterMoon wrote: August 16th, 2022, 8:46 pm Hello!

I would like to be assigned 16-19 please!

Thank you kindly!
Welcome to Librivox. I will assign those to you, but before you start, please go to the 1-minute test forum viewforum.php?f=21 and post a test. This is not an audition, but a chance to ensure all of your technical settings are correct before you start recording. If you post here with a link to your test, I'll pop over and listen to it ASAP.

Also, how would you like to be listed in the catalog? It can be your username, your real name, or anything you like.
Krista
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

Hi!

I apologize. I was going to get that 1-minute test upload here by Friday- but yes I'll definitely post the link for you once I get it completed.

You can use my real name- Christine Bowden
~Christine~

Remember: "Even a glow stick had to break to shine."
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

WinterMoon wrote: August 17th, 2022, 5:55 pm Hi!

I apologize. I was going to get that 1-minute test upload here by Friday- but yes I'll definitely post the link for you once I get it completed.

You can use my real name- Christine Bowden
No worries. The sections are officially assigned to you. The 1 minute test is just to make sure all the tech specs are ok, so you don't have a re-record a long section due to issues.
You can find your reader page here https://librivox.org/reader/17763, where you will find information about all of your recordings.
Krista
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

kristakz wrote: August 16th, 2022, 7:20 pm Section 0 is ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/canadainwarpaint_00_bell_128kb.mp3 1:33
PL Okay
DropDLife

Post by DropDLife »

Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

DropDLife wrote: August 19th, 2022, 5:34 pm Section 7 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/canadainwarpaint_07_bell_128kb.mp3

7:10
PL Okay
DropDLife

Post by DropDLife »

Okay, section 8 ready for PL, 7:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/canadainwarpaint_08_bell_128kb.mp3

Now, I probably should have taken a closer look at this section before I claimed it because it includes quite a bit of French. The saving grace perhaps is that for the most part it's spoken from the point of view of the storyteller who I'm assuming doesn't speak French as his first language (I certainly don't). I've given it a shot, but if it's determined that this section would be more suitable for someone who has a better command of the language then I'm perfectly happy to bid it au revoir and pick another section.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

DropDLife wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 4:36 pm Okay, section 8 ready for PL, 7:44

Now, I probably should have taken a closer look at this section before I claimed it because it includes quite a bit of French. The saving grace perhaps is that for the most part it's spoken from the point of view of the storyteller who I'm assuming doesn't speak French as his first language (I certainly don't). I've given it a shot, but if it's determined that this section would be more suitable for someone who has a better command of the language then I'm perfectly happy to bid it au revoir and pick another section.
Thank you. Queued for PL. We'll see what our DPL says about the French :) I'm certainly not worried about an accent, as long as the words are understandable to a French speaker. I had a quick listen to the start, and I think it's just fine (to this non-French speaker, anyway)
Krista
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

In general your French is fine and understandable. My only concerns are at two points when a different voice says a couple of French phrases. If it is your voice, the recording values are completely different.
06:03 “Un Général. Mon Dieu!”
07:18 “Ah! Mais le brave Général, image de mon mari, où est il?”
DropDLife

Post by DropDLife »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: August 24th, 2022, 12:43 am

In general your French is fine and understandable. My only concerns are at two points when a different voice says a couple of French phrases. If it is your voice, the recording values are completely different.
06:03 “Un Général. Mon Dieu!”
07:18 “Ah! Mais le brave Général, image de mon mari, où est il?”
Got it. Yes it's me. I came back and re-did those parts after my first run through the reading. I'll fix and resubmit, thanks.