COMPLETE [Poetry] Prison Poetry, by Hiram Peck McKnight - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RileyH

Post by RileyH »

Hello, Thank you for the helpful Old English link. Here is my corrected file.
-RileyH

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/prisonpoetry_28_mcknight_128kb.mp3 1:19.05
jenno

Post by jenno »

Might I claim sections 2,7 and 11 oplease?

Jennifer
Laur

Post by Laur »

RileyH wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:07 pm Hello, Thank you for the helpful Old English link. Here is my corrected file.
-RileyH

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/prisonpoetry_28_mcknight_128kb.mp3 1:19.05

PL OK Well Done! :thumbs: :clap:
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

jenno wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:17 pm Might I claim sections 2,7 and 11 oplease?

Jennifer
They are yours.

Thank you,

M
Laur

Post by Laur »

Hi April :)
PL OK for Poems 4, 9, and 34 :thumbs:

PL NOTES
Poem 59: - In the beginning intro of the poem, you correctly introduce the poem title then said "read by (your name)" but forgot the "Read for LibriVox.org" (that should come right before your name).

Poem 64: @46 sec, I hear "And at my foes hot embers fly; the line reads: "And at my foes hot embers flung

Just a couple of very minor things... that's all. After corrections, just resubmit. Thank you.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Laur wrote: August 16th, 2022, 6:52 pm
Hi April :)
PL OK for Poems 4, 9, and 34 :thumbs:

PL NOTES
Poem 59: - In the beginning intro of the poem, you correctly introduce the poem title then said "read by (your name)" but forgot the "Read for LibriVox.org" (that should come right before your name).

Poem 64: @46 sec, I hear "And at my foes hot embers fly; the line reads: "And at my foes hot embers flung

Just a couple of very minor things... that's all. After corrections, just resubmit. Thank you.
Thank you! I will resubmit once the corrections have been made.
:wink:
April
RileyH

Post by RileyH »

Laur

Post by Laur »

RileyH wrote: August 17th, 2022, 7:05 pm #35 Love's Victim

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/prisonpoetry_35_mcknight_128kb.mp3 7:14.96
PL NOTES:
Nicely done, Riley. I especially liked the emotion you conveyed when reading her father's feelings that he had of such anger. :thumbs: And you nailed the word o'er! :clap:

Some minor things to address:
@30 sec I hear the mispronunciation of the word "lithe". Here's a helpful pronunciation link for that: https://www.bing.com/search?q=pronounce+lithe&form=ANNTH1&refig=71692b913cbc443d984d0e5658166a0c

@1:04 I hear the word "distress", but the actual word in the poem is "duress".

OK, the next one I think is not so much a mistake in the reading, but I'm guessing probably due to an accent you have. (We can't help that, I have one too, and constantly have to look out for particular words, including this one...
the word is "wretch". This word is in the poem 3 times, and all 3 times I hear it pronounced as "wrench". I listened to the pronunciation over and over wondering if my ears were betraying me, so I got a 2nd opinion. Second opinion was also hearing "wrench", instead of wretch.

Normally, we don't worry about accents... in fact, they add variety, but this is tough, as a "wrench" is different in meaning than "wretch", the word her father was using to describe his disgust with his daughter. Although I completely understand this is probably due to your accent, I would advise a redo of either the word (or phrase if it's easier) at recording spots 4:49, 5:44, 5:49.

You're doing a fantastic job. Thank you.
Laur
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

April
Laur

Post by Laur »

Poem 64: PL OK :thumbs:

Poem 59:
PL NOTES
Oh no, there's a different problem this time - In the intro, you correctly stated the Title, read for LibriVox.org and your name, but when introducing the Title: Lines To My Cell, you forgot to include the author, "by H. P. McKnight"
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Laur,

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/prisonpoetry_59_mcknight_128kb.mp3 1:43

Here is the edited file, perhaps it is the edited again file? I am just teasing with that last line. :lol:
April
RileyH

Post by RileyH »

Hello Laur,

Here is my corrected file.
When I listened back to the parts that had wretch to see if it was my accent........ I totally flat-out said WRENCH :lol: ALL 3 times.
I can't blame it on my Texas Southern accent. :D I must have listened while reading back a dozen times and never picked up on all my mistakes before uploading the first time. You are amazing :clap: at catching everything!!
Even with the 1 minute test reading I said 13th instead of 30th. :?
Im glad I started with poems first, there's no telling how many wrong words I would have added to a whole book chapter......
Thank you again, I appreciate you and all your helpful notes and links!!
-Riley

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/prisonpoetry_35_mcknight_128kb.mp3 7:13.71
Laur

Post by Laur »

RileyH wrote: August 19th, 2022, 7:14 pm Hello Laur,

Here is my corrected file.
When I listened back to the parts that had wretch to see if it was my accent........ I totally flat-out said WRENCH :lol: ALL 3 times.
I can't blame it on my Texas Southern accent. :D I must have listened while reading back a dozen times and never picked up on all my mistakes before uploading the first time. You are amazing :clap: at catching everything!!
Even with the 1 minute test reading I said 13th instead of 30th. :?
Im glad I started with poems first, there's no telling how many wrong words I would have added to a whole book chapter......
Thank you again, I appreciate you and all your helpful notes and links!!
-Riley

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/prisonpoetry_35_mcknight_128kb.mp3 7:13.71
Poem 35 - PL OK :thumbs: :clap: _ Perfection!
Riley,
You're in good company - we probably all do it at one time or another... (record, listen to our recording, and don't hear our own mistakes). Goodness knows I've done it many times! Our own ears and eyes just don't make the connection sometimes, so don't worry... you are completely normal.
You're welcome for the notes/links - glad to help. Keep doing what you're doing! :thumbs:
Laur
RileyH

Post by RileyH »

Hello,

May I claim 48, 61, and 67
thank you
-RileyH