[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 9 June 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 09 June 1897, by Various

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-02-09-jun1897-by-various/
The Black Cat (1895-1922) was a monthly literary magazine, publishing original short stories, often about uncanny or fantastical topics. Many writers were largely unknown, but some famous authors also wrote original material for this magazine.<br>
This is the ninth issue of volume 2 with the following five short stories:
The Man-Hunt of Mendocino, by Frank Bailey Millard / Silas Bartle's Snake-Bite Cure, by Winthrop Packard / Tunnel Number Six, by Eugene C. Derby / An Old Maid's Wedding Trip, by Juliet Wilbor Tompkins / The Official Report, by Thaddeus M. Lakewood (Summary by Sonia)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/TheBlackCatV02no06189703/The%20Black%20Cat%20v02no09%20%281897-06%29/

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

Claiming is restricted to one section per reader, to have the maximum of different voices in this project.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section [Number] of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 9 June 1897.
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."
[Optional: "Read by your name."]
"The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 9 June 1897. Section [number] [Title & author]."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section [number]."
[Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 9 June 1897."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: blackcat0209jun1897_#_various_128kb.mp3 where # is the section number. (e.g. blackcat0209jun1897_1_various_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: kitty

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And we're a go again ! A new Black Cat has launched. :9:

And, like in the previous issues, please only one section per reader, to have the maximum of voices in this project. 8-)

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi, Sonia.

How are you? I'd like to claim An Old Maid's Wedding Trip. I'm starting to get back into LV. Hopefully, the section will turn out well.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: January 20th, 2022, 11:04 amHow are you? I'd like to claim An Old Maid's Wedding Trip. I'm starting to get back into LV. Hopefully, the section will turn out well.
hi Sarah :) happy to have your voice back in the Black Cat. Section 4 is yours. And I'm sure it will be fine, looking forward to your version.

Thanks

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I claim Tunnel Number Six?

Thank you!

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: January 20th, 2022, 11:09 am May I claim Tunnel Number Six?
for some reason when I read the title I thought of you....great minds think alike :lol: I'm really curious about this story.

Thanks, Greg ! Happy to have you again in a Black Cat 8-)

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Can I claim Section 5, The Official Report? Thanks.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 12:18 pm Can I claim Section 5, The Official Report? Thanks.
ah once again the last section :mrgreen: thank you, Julie, glad you could make it again in time. I hope it's not too tragic a report :?

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

I'm hoping that as well. :)
docdlmartin

Post by docdlmartin »

may I claim section 1?
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: January 20th, 2022, 11:12 am
GregGiordano wrote: January 20th, 2022, 11:09 am May I claim Tunnel Number Six?
for some reason when I read the title I thought of you....great minds think alike :lol: I'm really curious about this story.

Thanks, Greg ! Happy to have you again in a Black Cat 8-)

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia. I am excited too!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

docdlmartin wrote: January 20th, 2022, 5:22 pmmay I claim section 1?
you may, thank you :) Great to have a new voice in this project as well. 8-) I hope you enjoy the section. It sounds like it's got a western theme, but I may be misled by the title.

Sonia
inararabbani

Post by inararabbani »

Hi! I'd like to claim "Silas Bartle's Snake-Bite Cure" (2). Would that be alright?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

inararabbani wrote: January 21st, 2022, 6:20 pmHi! I'd like to claim "Silas Bartle's Snake-Bite Cure" (2). Would that be alright?
hello and welcome to the forum, and especially to the Black Cat project 8-) Always happy to hear new voices in this magazine.

I see you already started with the one-minute-test :thumbs: excellent, however please check out Jo's feedback on some technical issues and reupload a corrected version before you start working on this section. viewtopic.php?p=1999869#p1999869

As soon as the test is ok, I will officially assign you the section, please let me know what reader name you want to go by, can be your forum name or real name, or anything else you like. Then I'll open your personal reader page for you and you can start recording your first section. The section is now reserved for you, that means we are fully claimed and moving over to Readers Found.

Good luck with the test, and I hope to hear you soon. Thank you for claiming.

Sonia
docdlmartin

Post by docdlmartin »