[COMPLETE] Love Stories Volume 5 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

RitaBoutros wrote: November 20th, 2021, 1:09 pm Here's the corrected: Time is the same

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lovestories5_thedistrictdoctor_turgenev_rb_128kb.mp3
Thanks. I OK'd us both. :D

I have another one in the wings, too.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

msfry wrote: November 20th, 2021, 1:41 pm Tricia, when I click BC Admin to get into the MW, it says I don't have permission. I have go a roundabout way to get in. Can you fix this, please.
You're in as BC; that's all I can do.

Do you log into the uploader and everything using your personal login? And no one else logs in on your computer? If so, I have no idea what could be wrong.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded "The Stolen Dream" by Richard Le Gallienne
22:37

Source THE MAKER OF RAINBOWS AND OTHER FAIRY-TALES AND FABLES
BY RICHARD LE GALLIENNE
https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/41921/pg41921-images.html#Page_88
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: December 4th, 2021, 7:45 pm Uploaded "The Stolen Dream" by Richard Le Gallienne

BY RICHARD LE GALLIENNE
Where is the file?
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: December 5th, 2021, 3:14 pm
williamjones wrote: December 4th, 2021, 7:45 pm Uploaded "The Stolen Dream" by Richard Le Gallienne

BY RICHARD LE GALLIENNE
Where is the file?
The uploaded file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lovestories5_thestolendream_gallienne_wj_128kb.mp3
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks. I'll try to PL tomorrow.
msfry

Post by msfry »

The Stolen Dream is PL OK. I can't believe the old miser didn't leave them just a few more coins for all the trouble he caused. It would have lightened his load a bit, too . . . but NO. Neat addition to the collection, well narrated. Thanks.
msfry

Post by msfry »

If I am late addressing anyone's posts, I am having computer issues. I am using an old machine while mine is in the shop, slow as molasses. Carry on as usual, please, and be patient with me. :mrgreen:
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

msfry wrote: December 27th, 2021, 8:38 am If I am late addressing anyone's posts, I am having computer issues. I am using an old machine while mine is in the shop, slow as molasses. Carry on as usual, please, and be patient with me. :mrgreen:
That is OK. I had to turn off my computer today; it was too hot to run one. My Xmas Toblerone chocolate bar had turned into rubber. Anyway, here as suggested is the story by Chekhov that you gave the PL OK to in the Coffee Break Gardening thread. But then you said that the story wasn't about gardening and would be more suitable for here. Here's the upload link! :) All I changed was the intro and outro because they are slightly different for love stories submissions.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lovestories5_theheadgardenersstory_chekhov_lc_128kb.mp3
I use Linux. I also like penguins.
msfry

Post by msfry »

The Head Gardener's Story fits right in, and is PL OK. Thank you!
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

msfry wrote: December 31st, 2021, 8:39 am The Head Gardener's Story fits right in, and is PL OK. Thank you!
Thank you! I know that my accent can be hard for some people to understand! I also only record at night because I get too much background noise in the day. All the LibriVox projects that I have crammed into 2021, as a total beginner at all this, have been about finding my voice; I tend to be centred a bit high [jargon is upper register or head voice?] which is unusual but it does give more flexibility for nuance: subtle sarcasm, surprise and other emotes. Whereas I feel that a voice down in the bass has far less nuance. Even though bass-centric voices are fashionable. Morgan Freeman being an extreme example of bass.
I use Linux. I also like penguins.
msfry

Post by msfry »

lightcrystal wrote: December 31st, 2021, 4:43 pm
msfry wrote: December 31st, 2021, 8:39 am The Head Gardener's Story fits right in, and is PL OK. Thank you!
Thank you! I know that my accent can be hard for some people to understand! I also only record at night because I get too much background noise in the day. All the LibriVox projects that I have crammed into 2021, as a total beginner at all this, have been about finding my voice; I tend to be centred a bit high [jargon is upper register or head voice?] which is unusual but it does give more flexibility for nuance: subtle sarcasm, surprise and other emotes. Whereas I feel that a voice down in the bass has far less nuance. Even though bass-centric voices are fashionable. Morgan Freeman being an extreme example of bass.
You were understandable, and recording short stories is a great way to practice. The biggest trick to finding your voice, I find, is to try and match your voice and delivery with material that suits it. There is something right for everybody. :D
Zunzil

Post by Zunzil »

Hello,

Here's another Chekhov story. Hope you find it appropriate for the collection:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/lovestories5_theladywiththedog_chekhov_zz_128kb.mp3

File Length 38:54
The Lady with the Dog
Anton Chekhov (1860-1904), author
Constance Garnett (1861-1946), translator
Source: Gutenberg ebook
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/13415/13415-h/13415-h.htm

Thank you!
Zunzil in NYC
msfry

Post by msfry »

Zunzil wrote: January 9th, 2022, 7:57 pm
The Lady with the Dog
Anton Chekhov (1860-1904), author

Zunzil in NYC
Thanks. I look forward to listening soon!
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes: The Lady With The Dog

This story is missing the last half of Section III, after "the one happiness that he now desired for himself, and to the sounds of the inferior orchestra", and all of Section IV.
Also, it is what I call "boomy". To counteract this using Audacity, I recommend applying Effect/Compressor/Slider settings: -16dB, -40dB, 2:1, .20 seconds; 1 second, with nothing checked off, OK Compressor knocks off the highest and lowest tips of the wave form. Try it and see what you think.

I look forward to hearing the rest of the story.