[COMPLETE][Supernatural]The Haunted Homes and Family Traditions of Great Britain, by John Henry Ingram - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Section 019
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_019_ingram_128kb.mp3
time: 4m 56s
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow, wouldn't want to have Silkie anywhere near me, especially not with a dog filled with coins :shock: I wonder how this ceiling suddenly came down. And didn't the carcass smell with time ? :hmm:

Anyway...great story, excellently narrated. I loved your voice, it suits the mystery of the story. Flawlessly read too, textually. Only a small cosmetic detail for the ending, if you wouldn't mind changing that:

> from 8:59 to 9:02: right before End of Section 96, nearly 3 seconds of silence feel long. I would suggest keeping it under 2 seconds always.
> at the end: we would like to have a standard of 5 seconds of silence there, you have over 6, could you also cut one second here please

the rest is perfect
Could I please do Section 103?
of course, I'll sign you up right away :) super

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JoannaRosey wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 1:18 pm Hello, I would like to claim 143 & 145. Please & thank you!
yes of course, Joanna, thank you for your interest in this project :) They are reserved for you, have fun

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

FaithAtUCF wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 1:34 pmI have made the requested edits only and reuploaded.
In case it is easier, here is the link!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_049_ingram_128kb.mp3
thank you, Faith. It's indeed always good to include the link because then I can see that the filename is exactly the same as the previous one. I will download the link from the MW though, because we need to make sure this is the correct file. What is also helpful to include is the length of the story so we can update the MW and see that the file is complete.

This is now PL ok. Excellently corrected :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NoctuidaeA wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 2:03 pmThis is my recording for section 115.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_115_ingram_128kb.mp3

Could the reader name be changed to Arthur Buckley please? I used it for this recording if that's ok.
no problem, here is the updated page: https://librivox.org/reader/16904

And thank you for the fast turn-around. :shock: You had one of the longest sections in this project and that as a newbie ! Brownie points for daring. I will listen to the section today still and give you feedback, but right now I am a bit pressed for time and 24 minutes are long to listen in a hurry ;) But I'll do it still today, so stay tuned !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NoctuidaeA wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 2:03 pmThis is my recording for section 115.
Duration : 24:02
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_115_ingram_128kb.mp3
ok now I had time to listen to the stories around Glamis Castle. Wow there is a lot going on in that building :shock: And you narrated it absolutely wonderfully, I really liked to listen to your voice and your enthusiasm shines through, so it's a pleasure to follow the stories. :thumbs: I have no trouble marking this PL ok straight away, so congrats to your first official LV section :birthday:

The pause in between the first intro disclaimer felt a tad too long for my taste, but I will not fail it for this small bit. It's still under 2 seconds, so it's ok. I would suggest to make it a bit shorter in future sections though ;) but no need to reupload just for that. Let's leave it for this time.

Thank you so much for participating. I hope you enjoyed the recording (and editing) process, which was not small for such a long section. :) And I hope there will be more (here or in another project) from you.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and last but not least for this afternoon, thank you Kerry for your battle story. :thumbs: Highly enjoyed that one as well, and totally error-free, so this is PL ok right away as well.

Looking forward to the next sections...

and now I'll be recording some of my own solo chapters :mrgreen:

Sonia
TheLoneReader

Post by TheLoneReader »

Hello,

I'll take section 98, Bognor, if it's still available.

Thanks!

Steve
SeagullGracie

Post by SeagullGracie »

> from 8:59 to 9:02: right before End of Section 96, nearly 3 seconds of silence feel long. I would suggest keeping it under 2 seconds always.
> at the end: we would like to have a standard of 5 seconds of silence there, you have over 6, could you also cut one second here please

Definitely, no problem, sorry for the too long silence, I wasn’t sure — ditto the 6 seconds, I knew 5 was the goal, that was fuzzy math I guess! Anyway, just wanted to say I’m happy to fix those and it might take me a few days to get to it.

I loved doing this, it felt like I was reading a ghost story in person — that Silkie was a spooky ‘un! Can’t wait to do the next one :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

TheLoneReader wrote: December 4th, 2021, 8:23 am I'll take section 98, Bognor, if it's still available.
thank you, Steve, I'll reserve it for you :)

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is another section:

Chapter 123 -
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_123_ingram_128kb.mp3
Run time is 5:31

Take care,

Greg
jray

Post by jray »

Hello kitty

I'm not quite done with my 1 minute test, I resubmitted and im just waiting for someone to get back to me.

but until that happens I was thinking I should put some clams down so I can get to recording as soon as I'm good to go.

so id like to clam 97 99 102 105 if that's alright with you?

Clifford
Last edited by jray on December 5th, 2021, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmac698

Post by jmac698 »

I would like to claim section 125. In fact, I've already done it. This is my first time ever recording an audio-book, so consider it a test. I'm fine with redoing it. Feel free to be honest, I just want to learn to do my best! There are some changes in audio quality, and the reading isn't 100% perfect, but I think it's OK.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hauntedhomes_125_ingram_128kb.mp3
Length: 6:17
davidholmesvoice

Post by davidholmesvoice »

May I please claim 128 Perth and 135 Souter Fell?

D :D
david@holmesvoice.co.uk