[Complete] Precepts in Practice by Charlotte Maria Tucker - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AGShrader

Post by AGShrader »

here is my new one minute test on Audacity. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetest.mp3

I think I'll stick with AGShrader if that's okay. :wink:
Thanks for all the help!
Hanitzachon

Post by Hanitzachon »

DariaAM wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:37 pm
Hanitzachon wrote: September 18th, 2021, 7:46 am Hello :)

Can I read section 13?
Of course!

Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog — real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work.
I want to be listed as: Niki Isehiti. Thank you!
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

AGShrader wrote: September 19th, 2021, 3:41 pm here is my new one minute test on Audacity. :)

Thanks for all the help!
By the way, you don't have to re-record another test. Just make the changes on this one: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetest.mp3

1). Your volume is 80.6 dB, falling outside of the target range (86–92 dB). To correct it ...

1. Select the recording
2. Click Effect in the pop-up menu
3. Click Amplify...
4. In the upper box that says Amplification (dB): type in 9 (that means that I am adding 9dB to the volume to get it to approximately 89dB)
5. Press OK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2). I recommend you to use Noise Reduction on the file - but only use it after you corrected the volume.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3). Rename your file by ...

1. Clicking File in the pop-up menu
2. Click Export
3. Click Export as MP3
4. In the upper box that says Save As: delete oneminutetest.mp3 and type in test_agshrader.mp3
5. I recommend you to also add it to Desktop so it's easy to find the file.
6. Click Save

Hope this helps. :wink:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
earthcharmeddec

Post by earthcharmeddec »

pattymarie wrote: September 18th, 2021, 7:17 am Section 8 is pl ok. Thank you and congratulations on a lovely maiden effort. I really can't think of anything to suggest.
Thank you for the encouragement!
peterdvorak

Post by peterdvorak »

I would like to put in a claim for the final section, "The Beautiful Villa," please!
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

peterdvorak wrote: September 20th, 2021, 5:12 pm I would like to put in a claim for the final section, "The Beautiful Villa," please!
I was wondering who would claim the last chapter! Of course, I'll add you in. Just let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Under what name? This is how you will be credited for all of your LibriVox work. I can also add a link to a personal web site or blog, if you have one.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
peterdvorak

Post by peterdvorak »

Thank you. I'll go with Pete Burner for my name. I appreciate you!
AGShrader

Post by AGShrader »

DariaAM wrote: September 20th, 2021, 12:44 am
AGShrader wrote: September 19th, 2021, 3:41 pm here is my new one minute test on Audacity. :)

Thanks for all the help!
By the way, you don't have to re-record another test. Just make the changes on this one: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetest.mp3

1). Your volume is 80.6 dB, falling outside of the target range (86–92 dB). To correct it ...

1. Select the recording
2. Click Effect in the pop-up menu
3. Click Amplify...
4. In the upper box that says Amplification (dB): type in 9 (that means that I am adding 9dB to the volume to get it to approximately 89dB)
5. Press OK

2). I recommend you to use Noise Reduction on the file - but only use it after you corrected the volume.

3). Rename your file by ...

1. Clicking File in the pop-up menu
2. Click Export
3. Click Export as MP3
4. In the upper box that says Save As: delete oneminutetest.mp3 and type in test_agshrader.mp3
5. I recommend you to also add it to Desktop so it's easy to find the file.
6. Click Save

Hope this helps. :wink:
Thanks so much I really appreciate the help! :D
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
peterdvorak

Post by peterdvorak »

Hey, this being my first actual recording for Librivox, I have a couple quick clarifying questions. First, with the Intro, would you give me a solid example of one without the "optional" part part stuck in there just so I have a good example? I'd hate to screw that up somehow. The I don't know how where the optional part is exactly supposed to fit in or what the repetitive part at the end is. I miss easy things sometimes, my apologies. Second, since I have the last section I DO say both of the End of Recording sections, correct?
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

wib66 wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 4:33 pm Here is section 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/preceptsinpractice_09_tucker_128kb.mp3
24:21
Thank you, Michele! It is in the MW ready for PL.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

peterdvorak wrote: October 4th, 2021, 8:25 am Hey, this being my first actual recording for Librivox, I have a couple quick clarifying questions. First, with the Intro, would you give me a solid example of one without the "optional" part part stuck in there just so I have a good example? I'd hate to screw that up somehow. The I don't know how where the optional part is exactly supposed to fit in or what the repetitive part at the end is. I miss easy things sometimes, my apologies. Second, since I have the last section I DO say both of the End of Recording sections, correct?
No worries. We all have confusions from time to time. :wink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of the recording, say:
Section 15 of Precepts in Practice; or, Stories Illustrating the Proverbs. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. *read by Pete Burner. Precepts in Practice; or, Stories Illustrating the Proverbs, by Charlotte Maria Tucker. The Beautiful Villa.
Start reading the chapter. After finishing it say:
End of section 15.
And yes, since this is the last chapter of the book, add:
End of Precepts in Practice; or, Stories Illustrating the Proverbs, by Charlotte Maria Tucker.

*optional to say: "Read by Pete Burner"
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 9 is pl ok. Thank you, Michelle. Beautiful reading; still love that accent.
Pattymarie
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pattymarie wrote: October 6th, 2021, 2:00 am Section 9 is pl ok. Thank you, Michelle. Beautiful reading; still love that accent.
Aww thank you so much for your very kind words very much appreciated. :9:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Chapter 5 has re-opened.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave