[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 6 March 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 06 March 1897, by Various

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-02-06-mar1897-by-various/
The Black Cat (1895-1922) was a monthly literary magazine, publishing original short stories, often about uncanny or fantastical topics. Many writers were largely unknown, but some famous authors also wrote original material for this magazine.<br>
This sixth issue of volume 2 presents the following six short stories:<br>
The Stolen Melody, by Constance Fauntleroy Runcie / The Bramble Gift Trust, by Zollie Luther Jones / The Parchment Slave, by A. M. Barnes / Monsieur Angot, by Charles F. Bourke / The Ivory Bells, by James Buckham
(Summary by Sonia)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/TheBlackCatV02no06189703/The Black Cat v02no06 (1897-03)

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

Claiming is restricted to one section per reader, to have the maximum of different voices in this project.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section [Number] of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 6 March 1897. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."
[Optional: "Read by your name."]
"The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 6 March 1897. Section [number] [Title & author]."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section [number]."
[Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 6 March 1897."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: blackcat0206mar1897_#_various_128kb.mp3 where # is the section number. (e.g. blackcat0206mar1897_1_various_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: Kitty

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and it's another round for the Black Cat, and just like before, please only one section per reader, to have the maximum of voices in this project. :9:

Looking forward to 5 new interesting stories.

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Keeping with tradition, I'd like Section 5, please. :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:39 am Keeping with tradition, I'd like Section 5, please. :lol:
:lol: it wasn't always the last section, was it ?

Thanks, Julie, streak still unbroken I see. 8-)

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

So far lately. I'll see if I can break the streak for the next one. :D

Maybe. :D
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I claim Section 3?

Thank you!

Greg
lordy

Post by lordy »

I would like to take section 4 please
jenYL

Post by jenYL »

I would love to take section 1, please!

Thanks,
Jen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:00 pmMay I claim Section 3?
thank you, Greg, so happy to have you back in this issue :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lordy wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:41 pmI would like to take section 4 please
of course, thank you for your interest, Alan :) I'm always thrilled to hear new voices in this magazine.

I hope you have fun, looking forward to your narration.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jenYL wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:20 amI would love to take section 1, please!
Thanks,
Jen
oh and another new voice, I'm being spoiled today. 8-) thank you, Jen, section 1 is yours. Welcome to the Black Cat !

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey, Sonia!

Can I claim section 2, The Bramble Gift Trust, please? Thanks!
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: July 28th, 2021, 11:13 pmCan I claim section 2, The Bramble Gift Trust, please? Thanks!
oh Sarah ! hi !!! So cool that you want to make a debut in the Black Cat as well. :9: Now this is a pleasant surprise. Of course you can have section 2, I hope you like the story. I look forward to hearing it.

And that makes us fully claimed. We move over to Readers Found.

Have fun recording, all of you !

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:04 am oh Sarah ! hi !!! So cool that you want to make a debut in the Black Cat as well. :9: Now this is a pleasant surprise. Of course you can have section 2, I hope you like the story. I look forward to hearing it.

And that makes us fully claimed. We move over to Readers Found.

Have fun recording, all of you !

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia! It's an interesting story that I had to claim right away. Thank YOU for mentioning the Black Cat. I'm so happy to be part of it. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:07 am Thank you, Sonia! It's an interesting story that I had to claim right away. Thank YOU for mentioning the Black Cat. I'm so happy to be part of it. :9:
this is the 18th issue already and so far I LOVED ALL THE STORIES. It's a great magazine and I'm thrilled that I found it.

We have plenty of issues still to do.

Sonia