Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently September 22nd, 2017, 4:39 am

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Post Posted:: September 14th, 2017, 9:29 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

OK - I crossposted so I deleted it

Lets try and keep Colleens in 1 piece , then everything would be OK - it's 2AM here and I must go to bed.
If yourecord without the into's at the moment i'll do some more checking ilater, The cutoff isn't 60 mins it's about 80 I think

Anne

Post Posted:: September 14th, 2017, 9:40 am 

It's going to be longer than 80 minutes as well...I'm a little less than halfway thru and already past an hour. I'm guessing it is going to finish at somewhere between 2 and 2.25 hours.

Post Posted:: September 14th, 2017, 9:44 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

You'll need 3 parts , its 28,233 words long :D We may need to do some number shuffling so don't upload till BT works out what he wants to happen . They have to be whole numbers , we can't have 12a 12b type

Anne

Post Posted:: September 14th, 2017, 7:06 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

I've PMed the BC with a couple of different plans , and i'll fix the MW and PM Michele and Colleen with the numbers they will need.
Sorry about the delay but we need to get it right . It will only be the intro outro and file name that are in question, so you can read them .

Anne

Post Posted:: September 14th, 2017, 7:12 pm 

Thanks! It is really good though, I never read any Thomas Paine before, it's amazing how clean and clear his prose is. Reads very modern.

Post Posted:: September 14th, 2017, 8:10 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

I've learned a lot via LV, I mainly PLed when I joined, and was involved with books I'd not even heard of , or that I never ever would have picked up to read and not only learnt from them , also enjoyed them. :thumbs:

Anne

Post Posted:: September 15th, 2017, 8:59 am 

Anne
I'll pick something out to fill the gap for section 12 later today or tomorrow. Thanks all!

Colleen, haven't read all of the Paine, but I've been reading Plato and Epictetus lately -- it's amazing how little has changed over many centuries of human thought.

Post Posted:: September 17th, 2017, 9:57 am 

I picked this article from a 1901 collection of essays (which almost sounds like it was written yesterday):
The Negro Vote in the States Whose Constitutions Have Not Been Specifically Revised, by John Hope, 1868-1936
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35449
The Negro and the elective franchise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14