COMPLETE Short Poetry Collection 167 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners

brucek
Posts: 630
Joined: October 31st, 2013, 3:23 pm
Contact:

Post by brucek » April 15th, 2017, 8:18 am

Here are mine:
1)
Ballad, by Thomas Hood (1799 - 1845)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15652
Duration: 1:15
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_ballad_bk_128kb.mp3

2)
Sonnet - Silence, by Thomas Hood (1799 - 1845)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15652
Duration: 1:35
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_sonnetsilence_bk_128kb.mp3

3)
To a Child Embracing his Mother, by Thomas Hood (1799 - 1845)
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15652
Duration: 1:59
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_toachild_bk_128kb.mp3

~~~~~~
Bruce.

caiovaralta
Posts: 6
Joined: April 8th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Post by caiovaralta » April 15th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Thank you again, Rapunzelina!
I've followed your instructions and sent the two audios a little bit louder (3~4 db). If I've ruined something, please, feel free to undo it. But I think they've got really better (audacity is awesome!)

My last contribution for this month:
Break, Break, Break by Alfred Tennyson (1809-1892)
Text URL: http://www.theotherpages.org/poems/tenny03.html#4
Duration: 1:01
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_breakbreakbreak_cv_128kb.mp3

:D

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6346
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » April 18th, 2017, 4:48 am

Thank you, VfkaBT, Bruce, and Caio! The Magic Window is updated with your contributions!

By the way, VfkaBT, would you like to change your catalogue name? It's currently "VfkaBT", but I noticed you're using a full name in the recordings.
I'll be away 20-30 January. I'll miss you!

Newgatenovelist
Posts: 1874
Joined: February 17th, 2015, 7:22 am

Post by Newgatenovelist » April 19th, 2017, 6:19 am

Thank you, Erin! The information you have about the author is more than enough! We can make changes in the database, if we need to, in the future. So, PL OK and MW updated!
Thank you very much! I don't have the first idea of how things work behind the scenes, but I didn't want to make life difficult for you.

See you next month!

VfkaBT
Posts: 1110
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by VfkaBT » April 19th, 2017, 6:38 am

Rapunzelina wrote: By the way, VfkaBT, would you like to change your catalogue name? It's currently "VfkaBT", but I noticed you're using a full name in the recordings.
I use my regular name for recordings because VfkaBT is unpronounceable. ;) Veef-kabt? Naaah.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times

VfkaBT
Posts: 1110
Joined: November 28th, 2015, 7:47 am
Location: Florida

Post by VfkaBT » April 19th, 2017, 12:33 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_leavetaking_mp_128kb.mp3
Leave-Taking 1:18
by Louise Bogan
August 11, 1897 – February 4, 1970
Published August 1, 1922
https://archive.org/details/jstor-20573687
My previous LV work: Bellona Times

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6346
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » April 19th, 2017, 11:04 pm

VfkaBT wrote: Veef-kabt?
:lol: I wouldn't be surprised if this meant something in a foreign language though. :mrgreen:

Thank you for Leave-Taking!
I'll be away 20-30 January. I'll miss you!

KyoBlanchett
Posts: 9
Joined: March 13th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Post by KyoBlanchett » April 20th, 2017, 9:36 am


GrayHouse
Posts: 388
Joined: October 6th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Post by GrayHouse » April 21st, 2017, 5:01 am

Hi Rapunzelina,

I think this is a new name for the catalogue.

The Dark by Ellen M. H. Gates (1835-1920)
Text URL: https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t5gb2p59k
Duration: 3:41
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_dark_ik_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
-Ian

WiltedScribe
Posts: 1316
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » April 21st, 2017, 2:47 pm

Here are my contributions, to add some new authors to our catalogue:

"The Dove's Loneliness" by George Darley (1795-1846)
Text URL: https://archive.org/stream/poemsoflategeorg00darl#page/170/mode/2up
Duration 4:00
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_dovesloneliness_tp_128kb.mp3

"Minnehaha" by Coates Kinney (1826-1904)
Text URL: https://archive.org/stream/keeukaandotherpo00coatrich#page/120/mode/2up
Duration: 2:42
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_minnehaha_tp_128kb.mp3

"Rosalie" by Washington Allston (1779-1843)
Text URL: http://www.bartleby.com/248/31.html
Duration: 1:32
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_rosalie_tp_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
La Bohème | The Mikado | The Goddess: A Demon | Amends for Ladies | The Story of the Amulet | The Twin-Rivals | An Old-Fashioned Girl

k5hsj
Posts: 508
Joined: August 17th, 2010, 12:02 am
Location: Point Richmond, CA

Post by k5hsj » April 22nd, 2017, 6:49 pm

Rapunzelina,

In joint celebration of National Poetry Month and Earth Day, here are my contributions for April:

Queen-Anne’s-Lace by William Carlos Williams (1883-1963)
Text : https://archive.org/details/sourgrapesbookof00willrich
Duration: 1:12
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_queenannslace_wt_128kb.mp3

Fog by Carl Sandburg (1878–1967)
Text: http://www.bartleby.com/165/56.html
Duration: 0:34
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_fog_wt_128kb.mp3

I Remember, I Remember by Thomas Hood (1799-1845)
Text: http://www.bartleby.com/297/290.html
Duration: 1:30
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_iremember_wt_128kb.mp3

Peace,

Winston
Be kind. Be interesting. Be useful. Morality ain't hard.--Jack Butler, Living in Little Rock with Miss Little Rock

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6346
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » April 23rd, 2017, 12:48 am

k5hsj wrote:Rapunzelina,

In joint celebration of National Poetry Month and Earth Day, here are my contributions for April:

Queen-Anne’s-Lace by William Carlos Williams (1883-1963)
Text : https://archive.org/details/sourgrapesbookof00willrich
Duration: 1:12
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_queenannslace_wt_128kb.mp3

Fog by Carl Sandburg (1878–1967)
Text: http://www.bartleby.com/165/56.html
Duration: 0:34
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_fog_wt_128kb.mp3

I Remember, I Remember by Thomas Hood (1799-1845)
Text: http://www.bartleby.com/297/290.html
Duration: 1:30
MP3: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_iremember_wt_128kb.mp3

Peace,

Winston
Thank you, Winston!! These are PL OK and in the MW



WiltedScribe wrote:Here are my contributions, to add some new authors to our catalogue:

"The Dove's Loneliness" by George Darley (1795-1846)
Text URL: https://archive.org/stream/poemsoflategeorg00darl#page/170/mode/2up
Duration 4:00
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_dovesloneliness_tp_128kb.mp3

"Minnehaha" by Coates Kinney (1826-1904)
Text URL: https://archive.org/stream/keeukaandotherpo00coatrich#page/120/mode/2up
Duration: 2:42
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_minnehaha_tp_128kb.mp3

"Rosalie" by Washington Allston (1779-1843)
Text URL: http://www.bartleby.com/248/31.html
Duration: 1:32
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_rosalie_tp_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Tomas! All 3 poets are new additions to our catalogue! PL OK and in the MW

GrayHouse wrote:Hi Rapunzelina,

I think this is a new name for the catalogue.

The Dark by Ellen M. H. Gates (1835-1920)
Text URL: https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t5gb2p59k
Duration: 3:41
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_dark_ik_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
-Ian
Yes, yet another new addition to the Author Catalogue. Thank you, Ian! PL OK and in the MW.

Thank you, Kyo! :thumbs: My only note for these is about the volume, which is a bit on the low side. Would you be able to amplify by about 9-10 dBs, re-upload and re-post the links? Visually in audacity, the waveform needs to peak above the 0.5 mark (just not all the way up/down to avoid clipping). You may also need to noise-clean after, if the background noise is also amplified.
If you are unfamiliar with the process of amplifying/noise-removing or have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
I'll be away 20-30 January. I'll miss you!

AK25
Posts: 5
Joined: April 5th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Post by AK25 » April 23rd, 2017, 3:09 pm

I am new to LibriVox and this is my first recording, besides the 1-minute test. You can use Amie Kiner for the catalog.

I read/recorded the following poems:

The Maldive Shark by Herman Melville (1819-1891)
Text URL: https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/maldive-shark
Duration: 1 min 5 sec
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_themaldiveshark_ak_128kb.mp3

If I Should Die (54) by Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)
Text URL: https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/if-i-should-die-54
Duration: 46 sec
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/spc167_ifishoulddie_ak_128kb.mp3

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6346
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » April 24th, 2017, 2:26 am

Thank you, Amie, and welcome to this project! Congratulations on your very first librivox recordings :thumbs: they are now in the Magic Window!
I'll be away 20-30 January. I'll miss you!

Post Reply