Introducing myself: SLSchwert

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SLSchwert

Post by SLSchwert »

Hello!
Nice to finally be introducing myself after a month of wavering on whether I would give this a try or not. I'm glad to have finally gotten the ball rolling!
I've always thought about recording audiobooks, ever since I was little when my mom encouraged me to record tapes to send to our local nursing home for the residents there. I've bided my time, enjoying reading books to children and grown up friends and family who will put up with me reading aloud.
My main interest here are in reading children's and young adults literature, but I will be starting in the shorter works area and working my way up.
This is completely part time for me, getting recordings done in the margins of the day and everything (by education, I'm an ecologist, but I currently work in a bakery), but I'm excited to be trying something new.

Thank you for reading this and for future tips and advice I will probably need!

-SL
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

SLSchwert wrote: November 28th, 2022, 10:43 am Hello!
Nice to finally be introducing myself after a month of wavering on whether I would give this a try or not. I'm glad to have finally gotten the ball rolling!
I've always thought about recording audiobooks, ever since I was little when my mom encouraged me to record tapes to send to our local nursing home for the residents there. I've bided my time, enjoying reading books to children and grown up friends and family who will put up with me reading aloud.
My main interest here are in reading children's and young adults literature, but I will be starting in the shorter works area and working my way up.
This is completely part time for me, getting recordings done in the margins of the day and everything (by education, I'm an ecologist, but I currently work in a bakery), but I'm excited to be trying something new.

Thank you for reading this and for future tips and advice I will probably need!

-SL
Hi SL! Welcome to many people's favorite addiction! Check this thread out viewtopic.php?t=28949 if you have any doubts. I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or many, in the book listed below which you can access by clicking on the link below!
Best,
Christine