Howdy from Space City!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dcoleman

Post by dcoleman »

Hi there! I'm Dan Coleman, I'm an employee of the City of Houston, otherwise known as Space City. I've known about LibriVox for a long time, and I've always wanted to contribute. I finally got around to getting myself an account and configuring Audacity over the weekend.

I'm also an Episcopalian, and I love the history of the English Reformation. It is my hope that I can volunteer to liberate some of the treasure trove of writing from documents of that time period.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Welcome to Librivox Dan!
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL DPL 43 27-28
dcoleman

Post by dcoleman »

InTheDesert wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 6:59 pm Welcome to Librivox Dan!
Thank you! Can I ask, how did you get your signature to show those percentages of your current projects? Also, I love your work!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

dcoleman wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:14 am Thank you! Can I ask, how did you get your signature to show those percentages of your current projects? Also, I love your work!
Those are projects looking for readers, not my solos... you'd be welcome to take a section or two!

I wrote a program which monitors the Magic Windows and does some math. The real trick was figuring out how to put the maximum information possible within the 255 character limit in a signature. Did you know that adding a URL link counts as half a character? took me a long time to figure that out.
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL DPL 43 27-28
dcoleman

Post by dcoleman »

InTheDesert wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:32 am you'd be welcome to take a section or two!
I've just volunteered for a section in The Bible Under Trial. Looking forward to it!