English teacher with a love for a good story….

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mommygurl

Post by mommygurl »

My name is Melanie and I’m an English teacher right now. I play back-and-forth between being an English teacher and a nurse. I have enjoyed Librivox for years and have thought of contributing, but now that I have a class full of brilliant kids, it has inspired me again. 😆 Hopefully I can figure all this stuff out.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Welcome to LibriVox, Melanie, we're glad you could join us!

It was an English homework assignment that made me aware of LibriVox - no way was I going to blunder my way through Shakespeare's soliloquys without hearing them read first! It's been some time since then, but I, too, finally got the bug to volunteer.

Being acquanted with a few nurses, I've cottoned on that some of the programs you need to use every day are often needlessly complex. Hopefully Audacity will be a breath of fresh air in comparison. :lol:

There's certainly a learning curve, but you may be interested in some of the many instructional videos available, listed here:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Instructional_Videos
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

mommygurl wrote: October 2nd, 2022, 5:19 pm My name is Melanie and I’m an English teacher right now. I play back-and-forth between being an English teacher and a nurse. I have enjoyed Librivox for years and have thought of contributing, but now that I have a class full of brilliant kids, it has inspired me again. 😆 Hopefully I can figure all this stuff out.
Hi Melanie! Welcome here! May I suggest you go here first viewforum.php?f=18 then post your one minute test and get approval (here's the link for that http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test) and THEN sign up for a chapter in one of the books you will find in the Readers Wanted thread. I hope you will consider doing a chapter in one of the three books listed below which you can access by clicking on the link below!
Best,
Christine