Goooood morning LibriVox Community!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
plzwork1994

Post by plzwork1994 »

Hello everyone out there! My name is Ashley (I also go by Lee) and I'm excited to be here and to get started! I was listening to LibriVox audiobooks before I even knew what that was and always wished I could toss my hat into the ring and narrate, so I'm excited to go! I've also been told several times that I should pursue voice over and thought this would be a great way to practice and really find out!
Thank you for having me!
"Talent is a pursued interest. Anything you're willing to practice you can do" -Bob Ross :9:

~Ashley C~
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome to LibriVox Ashley! It is neat of you to volunteer. Your hat landed in the ring and and we've decided to keep it. Especially with all those nifty feathers. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

I also recommend Getting To Know our Forums Getting To Know Our Forums My little attempt to explain our forums
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to have side effects of joy, happiness and tons of good karma. Toy not included; may contain gluten and great old books
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

plzwork1994 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 1:24 pm Hello everyone out there! My name is Ashley (I also go by Lee) and I'm excited to be here and to get started! I was listening to LibriVox audiobooks before I even knew what that was and always wished I could toss my hat into the ring and narrate, so I'm excited to go! I've also been told several times that I should pursue voice over and thought this would be a great way to practice and really find out!
Thank you for having me!
Hi Lee! Welcome to many people's favorite addiction! Check this thread out viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28949 if you have any doubts. I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or many, in one, or all, of the three books listed below which you can access by clicking on the links below!
Best,
Christine