What's up LibriVox!!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Tonytalks

Post by Tonytalks »

Hey everyone my name is Tony! I use he/they pronouns and I have a burning fiery passion for reading and listening to books! Who would have guessed right!!?? :clap:

Other hobbies of mine include playing video games (mainly rpg's, hero shooters and Battle Royals) When I am not inside nerding out, you can catch me backpacking in the Pacific Northwest, educating about salmon and native plants or gardening! (What a horrid planting season amIright!?) I might stick to Stardew Valley this fall :? I am currently a undergrad student working towards an Environmental Science degree while also interning, volunteering and trying to enjoy the little things in life so in other words I am a busy mess!

My main interest in LibriVox is to give back to a community of readers and listeners such as myself. Books and audiobooks have gotten me through the worst in my life and I want this sort of thing to be accessible to everyone. I also am an inspiring writer and would love to some day have someone read something of mine on a site like this.

I am very friendly and would love to meet and collaborate with anyone who is interested. The main sort of books I would be interested in recording for are Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Adventure. However I am down for whatever is most needed!

Here is a few links to my steam, xbox and epic games if anyone is interested in gaming as well!!

Steam ID: 76561198438263942
Epic - TREETOPTIME
Xbox - TsunamiTony2836
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Welcome Tony! I'm pretty new myself, but I can speak for everyone when I say welcome, and we're glad you could join us!

I see you're also a "nerd", as you say, with varied tastes, where some folks tend to think we're indoor-only creatures! I'm a bit of a cyclist myself, and spend some extra time out on the trails this time of year. Always good to have a change of pace and a variety of interests, says I. :wink:

When it comes to what's most needed, I'll say that Librivox projects tend to complete just when they complete, and aren't usually in a particular hurry. You're free to start any book that's in the public domain and that suits your interest, but if (like me) you occasionally get a thrill from nudging a project just that last bit toward the finish line, you'll find lots of variety available too!

One thing along those lines I've found is picking up bit parts in dramatic readings or plays, as those are often the last needing filled for publication... but I've since branched out into playing a villain now and then. :wink:

If you're interested specifically in collaboration, I can also say that becoming a proof listener, particularly on solo projects, has been a great experience. I get first listen, and to exchange talk about the story as it progresses, with someone who's excited to read it! Nothing better than a good book, but a good book shared in conversation. :9:

Like I say, I haven't been here all that long, but I already feel like part of the tribe, and I'm sure you soon will too!