I'm new, too

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

Hi, everybody. I am a semiretired music teacher embarking on a new career as an audiobook narrator. (Next week, I'm going into an actual recording studio to make a demo.) LibriVox seems like a promising place for me to get lots of practice, build a portfolio (if that's what we call it), network with others in this profession, and do some good in the world. -- Warren Bergmann
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome to LibriVox Warren You will indeed get some good experience here. At first some things may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

I also recommend Getting To Know our Forums Getting To Know Our Forums My little attempt to explain our forums
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to have side effects of joy, happiness and tons of good karma. Toy not included; may contain gluten and great old books.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

bergmannw wrote: September 9th, 2022, 10:20 am Hi, everybody. I am a semiretired music teacher embarking on a new career as an audiobook narrator. (Next week, I'm going into an actual recording studio to make a demo.) LibriVox seems like a promising place for me to get lots of practice, build a portfolio (if that's what we call it), network with others in this profession, and do some good in the world. -- Warren Bergmann
Hey there Warren,
Welcome to LibriVox! We are very happy to have you here :D
Make sure you watch Phil's tutorial videos; I can assure you that they are very helpful :wink: and if you have any questions or need help with anything, do not hesitate to ask.
Mozartjr

(P.S. I am working on a project right now, titled J.S. Bach, Volume 2, by Schweitzer. We are looking for some musicians, so I thought you might be interested, being a music teacher :P )