A hopefully Short Introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
QDreams

Post by QDreams »

I 'stumbled' across LibriVox yesterday and think it's a wonderful idea! I'm still working up the courage and trying to figure out how it all works before I dive in. I am excited at the idea of helping with the project.

A little background. I love to read and have to make time for 3 small boys, 1 of whom I homeschool. I also love to quilt. I am also a medical transcriptionist 'on the side.' :)

I can't wait to get started. Just as soon as I figure out what I'm trying to do! LOL

QDreams
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Welcome, QDreams!

Read the stickies in the different forums and the pages they link to.
If you're into reading, Short Works (Weekly Poetry) is a good place to get started.
If you're into listening, head for Listeners Wanted.

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
QDreams

Post by QDreams »

Thanks, ezwa. Unfortunately, I HAVE been reading all the stickies. The "magic windows" and the different color codes just have me all confused. LOL However, I think I found a project I might go ahead and join. It's window is very clear as to what is going on. I can handle that. *smile* I want a new microphone though before I start. Not to mention actually reading the selection I want to record before I jump in.

QDreams
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Have fun!
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

It's great to have you with us, QDreams!

David
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome QDreams,

Have fun here :)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
Cori

Post by Cori »

QDreams wrote:However, I think I found a project I might go ahead and join. It's window is very clear as to what is going on.
Oooh, which one have you picked as a Possible..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
QDreams

Post by QDreams »

Cori wrote: Oooh, which one have you picked as a Possible..?
Well, the second book of War and Peace has openings that I can obviously tell. :) I'm thinking of taking a chapter of that and running with it. At least it's a start!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi QDreams and Welcome!

If you find the color-coding and Magic Window jargon a little confusing at first, just look at the Status column (the last one on the right). If the status of a chapter is "available" then you may post a claim to read it.

Occasionally someone else may have already posted a claim that the Book Coordinator (BC) hasn't had a change to assign yet. If that happens, he/she will let you know that and ask you if you would like to pick a different chapter. It's all first come/first served!

I hope you enjoy your chapter in War and Peace and have a lot of fun here in general. If you ever need help, just post your questions in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum. There are lots of helpful folks about!

Jo
LauraKoskinen

Post by LauraKoskinen »

Greetings,

I also have 3 children at home and although I don't quilt I do a lot (!!) of knitting.

I also found getting started on LibriVox a bit of a technical challenge (not being good with computers in more than a superficial way) but I am very glad indeed that I persisted and am having a lot of fun.

Glad to have you helping! Laura
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1343]LauraKoskinen[/url] Help us read about nasty scheming Lizzie Eustace. Go to ... [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13776]The Eustace Diamonds[/url]