Hello, this is new for me!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself

Post by 1017 »

My sister planted a seed in me saying that I should volunteer my time, that there is nothing more satisfying than doing something to help people. Well, I do help people but never on a large voluntary basis. So I started looking for something that would ignite some of my passions.

I have always been a voracious reader. My mom was a heavy reader, (if there is such a thing) and she raised my 2 sisters and I to read a lot. We were always at the library and we even had a book mobile come every couple of weeks to our neighborhood.

So I entertained the idea of reading to children at the library, but I am in a small town in SW Missouri, we have things like that, but I couldn't fit it into my schedule.
I went on a search on line and found Librivox. I was so excited!!!! So, here I am!!!

I love learning new things, and my take on life is when you stop learning, you stop living!

I love challenges, and sharing things, and just the thrill of being able to share and learn new things from so many people is already gratifying.

One thing, I did download the Audicity, but I could not get the You Tube video to load to show how to use the software. It said it was no longer available. I could not find any of the items that were written on the list that you need to set up on Audicity. Like File format, bit rate, etc. I looked all over.

After a couple of hours I gave up. So if someone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

So looking forward to learning and meeting everyone. Thank you for allowing me to participate.
Sandra