Hi, I'm Brendan S. Rose, I'm new here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BrendanSRose

Post by BrendanSRose »

Hi,

My name is Brendan S. Rose, :lol: :shock:
Also known as Loki (from Lokiskingdom), Squee505, 光(on youtube), Rikako_Oryo, and a bevy of other pseudonyms.
I have written books as Lord Lucifer the Devil, and Jesus Christ on Amazon.
I'm BeastofRevelationSays on Substack, and probably, a bunch of other stuff i forgot.

Out of politeness you can refer me by any other name besides my own, :twisted:
but you don't have to. :lol:

I've always liked librivox, I've found it to be a valuable source of public domain books,
and your readings have given me immense entertainment, I have also utilized them in my own
songs and projects :birthday:

I've joined because I have a work I'd like to submit into the public domain,
and I also have a reading of the first 40 minutes. With permission I would like to
record and post the whole thing, but I would also be happy with a collab, if you'd prefer that. :9:

Long term,
if things go well,
I would like to submit many works
to the public domain and read them out,
in addition to reading out other famous works
in the public domain. 8-)

I have been doing this for my own enjoyment for several years now,
It makes sense that I would actually make something of my hobby. :? :lol:

Thank you for letting me participate, :shock: 8-)
-Brendan S. Rose :lol:

PS: I'll do the 1 minute test soon but I don't foresee it being an issue, :roll:
I have good equipment for recordings. :wink:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Brendan. Welcome.

Happy to hear that you have enjoyed listening to LibriVox books. Just a note about what you are proposing. As you may have noticed all the books we record are older traditionally published texts that are clearly available in the public domain in the U.S. as their copyrights have expired. This in general currently means books published before 1927 and some more recent texts whose copyrights were not renewed and that have been cleared by Project Gutenberg as public domain. We do not record or publish modern copyrighted material of any kind. We also can’t accept audio recordings of unpublished or self-published material. We only record books that are already in the Public Domain in the United States due to expiration of copyright. An option for you is to self-publish the recording of your book directly on Archive.org, where you can designate the recording as Public domain or choose a different creative commons license for the recording that protects your work while still making it available as a free download.
Jo
BrendanSRose

Post by BrendanSRose »

That's ok,
I can read out old books too.

Thank you for your advice,
I'll look into archive.org .

Thank you. :)