It's been 7 years, guess it's time to introduce myself!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bonesandbotany

Post by bonesandbotany »

Hi all!

I'm Karyn, and though I have known about and had an account with Librivox for about 7 years now (previously under a different name), I only recently (finally??) picked up a microphone to contribute my vocals to the written word!

I am OBSESSED with the No Sleep Podcast, which is where I first heard about LV oh so long ago, and have always always always wanted to be a voice actor for the show. After doing some research on how to become a VA, much of what I read suggested LV and other such narration platforms to "grow" my abilities and make my voice know, then apply to things like NSP to become a VA. I'm also a huge bibliophile and though I don't generally listen to audiobooks, I'm really excited to provide that service for those who do. So, here I am!

I currently have a RØDE Podmic recording in Audacity on Windows (but as my 1 Min Test shows, it is incredibly quiet currently--working on fixing that so I can join the ranks and volunteer as much as possible. Any :help: with that would be greatly appreciated!)

Happy to finally be here with you all! :D