Hello Everyone - New Here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JanReads2You

Post by JanReads2You »

Hi Everyone SO glad to be here!! A wee introduction LOL - so here we go - I was to describe myself I would tell you I am a newly retired (1yr in) PSW. I was a community care support worker for roughly 15 years, before that I ran my own cleaning business and before that worked for a large food corporation running 3 large bargaining unit payrolls. Through it all, I wrote and told a lot of silly stories. Makes life interesting. Since retiring and moving to a small village in New Brunswick Canada I have been exploring my options to keep busy and ‘continue using my brain’ At 53 I feel I have TONS to still do in life. I am just a JrRetiree after all. Not ready to retire into my rocking chair just yet!!

After much research and evaluating my resources, I have decided on audiobook narration and possibly voice over work to be my next thing I want to be when I grow up. At 53 I have decided, yes, I will now decide to be a grown up… maybe… ;) This in no way means I have been irresponsible in anyway through my life! Quite the opposite actually. Its just now, I get to choose exactly what I WANT to do and actually get to do it.

My husband is a retired Toronto Firefighter and has been a musician from very young. In the last ten/twelve years he has built up a professional recording studio in our home and works on recording and production. Getting into audiobook narration to me was a great way to have something to do together and separate when we wanted. I have been learning a ton from him since deciding to do this and have decided on building a separate and dedicated narration ‘whisper room’ booth in my art studio so that we can both have our own spaces. It is almost complete!! Until then, I have his space to work in when I need to. I have been practicing my narration and production skills with works from the public domain using Project Gutenberg mostly as my source for works. I stumbled upon librivox while looking for other sites that have works in the public domain to use for samples and eventually a demo.

Well, I’d say thats it about me but, like most peoples there is usually a great deal more ;)

That is it for now though. :) CHEERS TO YOU ALL!!
Jan McNamara of JanReads2You