A new challenger has arrived!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CecileWM

Post by CecileWM »

Hello hello!
It's nice to meet you all and nice to join this community of literature-loving people. I am Cécile, I am 22, and I am from France (particularly from Marseille which is sort of the capital of the south), and, of course, like most of us here I assume, I am a proof-checked and verified bookworm.
I studied in literature and languages, and have graduated my degree in English language and anglophone literature and civilisation (although my specialty was literature, I'm not gonna lie). And I followed with a master's degree in literature and creative writing, which I am just finishing this summer by writing my long essay.

I read and work a lot around feminist and marxist literature (and its descendants), although I do like a good no-brain novel once in a while. My favorite author as of late must be Sally Rooney (which might make me a normie in the english and american readership right now, I don't actually know), but I also appreciate a ton Chimamanda Adichie, André Aciman, Françoise Sagan, Marguerite Duras, and a lot of others that don't come to mind right now. On the brainy side, I'm currently re-reading Judith Butler for the long essay, and if you ever wanna talk feminist or marxist theory, I'm your gal. I know Monique Wittig's Straight Mind by heart, and I can complete with Anne Fausto-Sterling, Pauline Harmange, and others. And of course, I'm always here to destroy capitalism from my mind with anyone with the same wrath at heart. ;)

I will mostly be recording french content, since I'll be sure not to fail the accent, but I might try a couple of english chapters if I may. I hope I'll be meeting a lot of you soon, and I can't wait to have fun recording!

Take care,

Cécile