Hi from France

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
frenchHelene

Post by frenchHelene »

:D Hello all !

As my username says it, I am french and my mother tongue is french. So please forgive me in advence for any mistakes I may make in English :wink:
So you can simply call me Helene, (sadly, the username "Helene" was already taken).

Why am I here ? :hmm:
I was thinking the job of narrator may suits me. But as I am not ready to start applying and change my carrer all of a sudden, I found librivox and thought that if I really like read books for other, it will also please me to read for free. In fact, I read sometimes outloud for my family in the evening, and I really like it, but I am less sure about the recording things.
I used to do theater when I was young, and for many years after that, I used to sing in a choir. But since the covid, everything stopped and I don't use my voice that much anymore and I miss it. :(
So that it, when I was young, I liked to read fantasy, science-fiction and adventure books. Now I read more scientifics paper, and I miss reading stories.

So that it. :P Maybe I am expecting too much from librivox, but I like the idea of producing something without waiting anything in return. Right now I am reading the set up for recording things and trying to get familiar with the forum. Everything goes smoothly, no worry, but it will take some time before I can participate and post my first minute test. In the meantime, I will check what else happens here (I understood there is some validation to do...).

Am I missing to say something ? Please feel free to tell me !
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bonjour Hélène et bienvenue sur notre forum :)

et bien, ton anglais est très bien, mais si tu préfères écrire en français, on a un petit groupe francophone qui est très actif aussi. Je suis ravie de te voir participer dans nos projets de groupe bientôt.

Et oui, commencer par le test serait très recommendable, pour être sure que les spécifications techniques sont bonnes. Tu peux tout lire sur le test ici: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Test_1_minute

Tu peux créer un nouveau fil dans le forum "Listeners wanted": viewforum.php?f=21 et y poster le lien de ton test, ensuite quelqu'un va te donner du feedback et approuver le test ou t'aider à le corriger.

Dès que le test est approuvé, tu peux commencer à lire pour de vrai.

Pour le moment on a 5 projets français et 1 projet multilingue ouverts pour les groupes:

Collection: pièces en un acte & monologues 003: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=86469
Compilation de poèmes - 015: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87391
Histoire générale du IVe siècle à nos jours. Tome 02. L'Europe féodale, les croisades: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=89571
Les contes noirs: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=92374
Les caractères: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=92725
Multilingual Short Works Collection 032 - Poetry & Prose: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=92080

Peut-être un t'intéresse pour participer, alors demande une section libre qui te sera réservée.

On se verra bientôt. Bonne chance avec le test.

Sonia
frenchHelene

Post by frenchHelene »

Merci beaucoup !

c'est clair ! Je refais signe pour le test dès que je suis prête !