Reader from Alberta, Canada

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Olereads

Post by Olereads »

Hi all,

I am interested in becoming a part of the community because I listen to many audiobooks and I find it makes books much more accessible on the go. I would love to learn to narrate well and I love the idea of making books accessible to all people, sighted and not, through this community.

I am a paramedic on a career transition path and excited to include this as a side hobby. I am excited to engage with new books, to try narrating, and to be a part of a community that may have others with similar interests. I also would like to be a listener, to proof, and to see what other things the community could use that I could offer.

I enjoy meditation, I read about psychology, and I enjoy training/spending time with horses and dogs and nature.
I have asked to narrate a chapter in "Improvement of the Mind" and look forward to getting feedback on the test recording I just submitted.

Thanks! :D :clap:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome to Librivox! Looks like you've found your way around and you're adjusting just fine here :D Good luck with your career transition also! Exciting!
Olereads

Post by Olereads »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 19th, 2022, 12:17 am Welcome to Librivox! Looks like you've found your way around and you're adjusting just fine here :D Good luck with your career transition also! Exciting!
Thank you, this is addictive!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Olereads wrote: May 19th, 2022, 5:54 am
Rapunzelina wrote: May 19th, 2022, 12:17 am Welcome to Librivox! Looks like you've found your way around and you're adjusting just fine here :D Good luck with your career transition also! Exciting!
That is one of the most common comments heard around here!! :lol:

Welcome. I hope you have as much fun here and find it as fulfilling as I do.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Olereads

Post by Olereads »

Kalamareader wrote: May 20th, 2022, 5:09 pm
Olereads wrote: May 19th, 2022, 5:54 am
That is one of the most common comments heard around here!! :lol:

Welcome. I hope you have as much fun here and find it as fulfilling as I do.

Wayne
Good to know I am on track and in good company! Thank you