New volunteer

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DHenry

Post by DHenry »

Greetings to all of you in the Librivox community. My name is Don Henry, a retired physician, and looking for volunteer work. This is my idea, by the way, not something a judge ordered! While I cannot sing worth a hoot, I have, I think, a pretty good voice for spoken texts; I have read for Recording for the Blind (since renamed) and other texts for various services. Once I get my microphone and software set up, I would be happy to take on a part or a whole of a project. Poetry and short fiction are special interests of mine, and I hope to get a project going, once it passes the milestone of getting in the public domain, of recording John Brown's Body, which I regard as a great, underappreciated, American epic. Look forward to working with you. DH
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello and welcome! Is John Brown's Body the same as John Brown's Song? It's probably already in the public domain (as long as you read it from a source published before 1927). You got me excited! Looking forward to listening!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes it is - according to Wikipedia
"John Brown's Body" (originally known as "John Brown's Song") is a United States marching song about the abolitionist John Brown
Anne