Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
worraps

Post by worraps »

I'll try to do my best when I read, when I listen, and when I write :D

Will anyone else read in Spanish?!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome, Worraps,

We don't have any books in Spanish at the moment, but I hope we will some day.

I hope you enjoy listening and perhaps reading for us in English for now!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
raynr

Post by raynr »

Welcome to librivox, Worraps,

you can also start a book project in Spanish, that would be a new language here, and you will perhaps find volunteers then.

But the best thing is to start with a short work which is coordinated by someone else. Then you can get used to the recording process without having to manage a whole project. Take a look at the sections "readers wanted" or "short works" for chapters of a book or short works.

As Kara already told you, there is no Spanish project there now, but you can also record in a non-native language, accent doesn't matter. Most works are in English, but there are also projects in German, French and Italian. Perhaps there is a language that will suit you.

Happy recording

Rainer
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hey Worraps - we _long_ to have a book in Spanish! :) We had some more interest... msalias wanted to record something in Spanish, I believe...

Would you also read in English? Might be a good idea to get a taster first, then you could delve in and do something in Spanish - could be short and solo, or even long and solo, or a book with other volunteers who can read Spanish! I'm sure we'll get some people to sign up.

There is a section in the FAQ on 'Other Languages' and if you have any questions, please just ask!

Welcome to LibriVox, glad to have you here!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
HerrSchildkroete

Post by HerrSchildkroete »

I'd _love_ to hear some spanish as well. It sounds so beautiful and is so hard to come by outside of spain.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, worraps!

I've got to say that I really enjoyed your reading of The Moon and Her Mother over in the Aesop's Fables thread. Your English has a wonderful lilting quality. I hope to hear more from you soon!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
elew223

Post by elew223 »

Bienvenidos worraps! Es muy interesante si lee, habla, y escriba en espanol!

Uh... was that correctly done? I'm trying to remember what Spanish I learned in school. :lol: If it's not I apologize!