Hi Everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TheDebster

Post by TheDebster »

Hello hello!
I'm Debbie, a new volunteer and I'm really excited to be here. I couldn't wait to get the acceptance email telling me that I'm registered to post. A bit about myself:

I first heard of LibriVox from a co-worker and fellow book club member. We started reading Les Miserables and he pointed me in the direction of LibriVox to aid in my efforts in getting through (all of the many) chapters.
I love reading a good book.
I love recording and editing (yes...I admit that I love editing). I don't have "formal" training in either but I get by.
I love that books in the public domain are being released to the public and available for free. Enabling those with sight challenges is so needed!
I live in Texas. I don't *think* I have an accent :)

I look forward to contributing and to getting to know you all. Phil said in his welcome video that you're all nice and I believe him and I am grateful for your kindness in helping newbies get started!
Best,
Debbie
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome here, Debbie! Thank you for sharing your story; I always wonder how other volunteers find their way here :D for me, it was from a language learning site where Librivox recordings were used as lesson material.