Greetings from England!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JowieOrfhound15

Post by JowieOrfhound15 »

Hey all, I'm a 22 year old student of Spanish at the University of Liverpool in north-west England (where I'm also from), and have an unknown urge to speak into a microphone for free which has brought me here! I must confess to having no prior experience both in voice acting and operating the relevant systems needed for voice acting but I'm a quick learner I think :)

I would be happy to try speaking in both English and Spanish however I am only as fluent in Spanish as a native 6 year old I reckon, so unless there's a shortage in Spaniards it may be wiser to stay in my comfort zone language-wise.

Also, should I be reading works/books that are accent specific? I only say this as someone with an accent I would imagine is quite unique for this website (having browsed a little bit and finding no northerners [of England]) and I'm wondering if it would be better if I read works specific to the north of England? It may sound strange to hear To Kill a Mockingbird in a scouse accent is all haha..

Anywho I look forward to acquainting with you lot!
An avid human
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello and welcome to Librivox! :9:

I'm sure you'll make a great contribution both in English and in Spanish. :D Great to hear you are studying Spanish! By the way, I'm Chilean and do proof-listening both in Spanish and English. I'm a retired teacher of English as a Foreign Language.

As there's a lot going on here you might find it helpful to browse around in order to get an idea about how things work. When you are ready, submit your one-minute test (if you haven't done it already). This is required just to check whether you have the technical specifications right.

Once your test hast been given the OK, you can start by claiming a couple sections/chapters in collective projects. This will help build confidence before you start recording solo.

If you have any question, there is a thread to post queries. Other members will reply. You'll see that people here are friendly and helpful.

And last but not least, accents are NOT an issue, by no means. No worries at all in that respect!

Happy recordings!

See you around. :D
Jasna
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.