Hello from Jumbly

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Jumbly

Post by Jumbly »

Hello, there seem to be so many people volunteering, I thought I'd dip my toe in the water and see if anyone would like me to add my voice to the throng.

I've done a quick sample (taken from a letter I recently received!), and you can find it at

http://www.petflatanimals.co.uk/librivox/

Just click on the JumblySample.mp3

Thank you

PS. maybe I should treat myself to a microphone rather than the one in the top of this webcam!
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

:lol: What sort of trouble HAVE you been getting yourself into, Jumbly?

First off, I will say that we would love to have your voice added to our throng no matter what you sound like. As long as you are understandable in your chosen language, we are happy to have you join us. :) We never ask for auditions, though we do usually suggest that new readers submit a short recording before they do a whole book chapter, so that if something about their recording setup is off, they won't have to redo a long reading.

That said, as far as your voice... well, like many Americans I am sort of a sucker for a British accent. :wink: You will be most welcome in any project here! Have a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Laurie Anne
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Hey Jumbly, great to have you with us. We welcome all, even those guilty of motoring offences. Apparently. Although I'll just check my mighty book of rules just in case.... :D

I've fond memories of Southampton, as my parents lived in Warsash for 20 years before moving up t'North.

No need to worry about your mic, just get recording! (Oh, and dealing with pesky correspondence...)

Oh, and to see what a spirited and lively group we English are, see here.

David
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Welcome Jumbly
Sounds great to me, looking forward to hear more.

Lucy :)
Short Stories
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
asad.khan

Post by asad.khan »

welcome jumbly

dont worry about your voice. it is awesome!

:D
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome Jumbly

Have fun here :)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.