Greetings from New York!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
elew223

Post by elew223 »

Hello everyone!

I'm Elizabeth. I first heard about this project when I was listening to Annie Coleman's Pride and Prejudice recordings. This is a really interesting project and as a bibliophile and wanna-be writer, this is the sort of thing I'm interested in.

I've also been thinking about possibly being a volunteer reader. I noticed a few of the books that are unclaimed are also books I happen to own. I might want to pick one of them. :)

Nice meeting everyone here!
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, Elizabeth!

I first heard about it when listening to Treasure Island a week ago. Seven days hence I find myself already coordinating the reading of Aesop's Fables! You could come on over to the Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) thread and claim a few of them. They're great for a beginner - they're really short, so they're not nearly as intimidating as the longer pieces. Here's the link:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7065#7065

Incidentally, you don't need to own any of the books. They're all on the Project Gutenberg site and you can find a link to the text we're using at the top of the signup thread. I think most of us just read it right off the screen.

I'm glad you decided to sign up; it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Elizabeth. Another welcomed member from New York! I'll have to make sure to put up some posters (once their designed) in the city.

Project Gutenburg is definitely a great resource, and almost all our books are available there, so make good use of it.

Welcome aboard, look forward to hearing from you.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
elew223

Post by elew223 »

ChipDoc wrote:Incidentally, you don't need to own any of the books. They're all on the Project Gutenberg site and you can find a link to the text we're using at the top of the signup thread. I think most of us just read it right off the screen.

I'm glad you decided to sign up; it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!
Oh okay! So then all the recordings are based on the editions found there? Okay. Yeah I was thinking of maybe trying to do one of them. I used to read aloud to myself actually. And well I've been dabbling at podcasting the last couple of months so I'm familiar with recording myself. :)
elew223

Post by elew223 »

vee wrote:Hi Elizabeth. Another welcomed member from New York! I'll have to make sure to put up some posters (once their designed) in the city.

Project Gutenburg is definitely a great resource, and almost all our books are available there, so make good use of it.

Welcome aboard, look forward to hearing from you.

Chris
Thanks Chris! :)
RobertG

Post by RobertG »

Welcome, Elizabeth! Always happy to hear a new voice!! :)
[size=92]http://climber53.com
[i]a one thin dime production[/i][/size]
[size=75][color=blue]-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-[/color]
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/RobertGarrison]project status is in the wiki[/url][/size]
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

elew223 wrote:I'm Elizabeth. I first heard about this project when I was listening to Annie Coleman's Pride and Prejudice recordings.
Yea!!! Welcome Elizabeth. It's great to see my listeners finding their way here.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
elew223

Post by elew223 »

LibraryLady wrote:
elew223 wrote: Yea!!! Welcome Elizabeth. It's great to see my listeners finding their way here.
You're welcome! :lol: I was so happy finding a podcast version of my favorite book! Hee hee. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that the heroine and I share the same name. :lol:

Just a quick question though. If I wanted to do a solo project, I just post which one I'm asking for in the Solo section right?
vee

Post by vee »

Yup that's right. Please check http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=717 for info on how to get started. If you have any questions about just ask and one of the Book Coordinator vets will fill you in :)
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
elew223

Post by elew223 »

Thanks Vee!