Hi from Colorado

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TomMarcotte63

Post by TomMarcotte63 »

Hi everyone:
Newbie here! I just retired after 28 years in IT. I love to read and hope to contribute to this wonderful forum. I was also a country music disc jockey before I got into IT, so I have some experience behind the microphone!
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Welcome Tom! We're glad you're here!

Your background as a dj is be great!

If you have any questions about differences between dj and audiobook mics and mic techniques, please join us this Friday for a Zoom call, or catch it on YouTube after it's recorded.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=83012&p=1980221&hilit=Microphone#p1980221

We hope you'll submit your one-minute-test soon so you can make sure that your technical settings are compatible with our systems.

Let me know if you have any questions...
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome Tom. You (yes YOU!) are invited to the BEGINNERS ZOOM LIVRIVOX GROUP, Monday, Jan 3, 2022. Join in either or both of two sessions and talk with other LibriVox old timers and newbies; ask questions, and chit chat. Tell us about yourself and your pets. First Monday of the month.

11 am & 11 pm Central time USA. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632

I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
TomMarcotte63

Post by TomMarcotte63 »

Hi Phil: (and Grace)

I watched your video! I also finished setting up my Mac and Audacity to record. I have my 1-minute video done, but I can't login to the upload page. It says "Incorrect Login", even though I'm using the same credentials that I used to login to this forum. I'm assuming it's the same login? Thanks! Can't wait to get started!
TomMarcotte63

Post by TomMarcotte63 »

GraceBuchanan wrote: December 8th, 2021, 6:14 am Welcome Tom! We're glad you're here!

Your background as a dj is be great!

If you have any questions about differences between dj and audiobook mics and mic techniques, please join us this Friday for a Zoom call, or catch it on YouTube after it's recorded.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=83012&p=1980221&hilit=Microphone#p1980221

We hope you'll submit your one-minute-test soon so you can make sure that your technical settings are compatible with our systems.

Let me know if you have any questions...
By the way Grace, I live now in COlorado, but I am from Northern NY. Spent most of my life near Saratoga Springs in NY!
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

TomMarcotte63 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 1:45 pm By the way Grace, I live now in COlorado, but I am from Northern NY. Spent most of my life near Saratoga Springs in NY!
Tom, hooray for doing your test! I wish I could help you with your login, but that is beyond my reach. I hope Phil will be along soon to help you submit it.

How's the view out your window now? All is a white wintery wonderland today here, north of Syracuse.
My LibriVox publications

GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

philchenevert wrote: December 8th, 2021, 8:14 am Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image
Phil, please notice that Tom is having trouble submitting his test recording. Can you help him? Thanks
My LibriVox publications

TomMarcotte63

Post by TomMarcotte63 »

I was trying to use my login, but i noticed there is a different login for the upload page. I think I was able to successfully upload my 1-minute test.

Thanks!
Tom
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

TomMarcotte63 wrote: December 8th, 2021, 2:57 pm I was trying to use my login, but i noticed there is a different login for the upload page. I think I was able to successfully upload my 1-minute test.

Thanks!
Tom
Yes! Youu did it!
My LibriVox publications