Hello from Melbourne!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Hello!
My desktop's edge is like a cliff face. Down below are some books: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, Relativity by Albert Einstein and Titanic Astrology by Eileen Grimes. They were my years of the dead trees; now I am a digital consumer. I need a PDF or audio books. Physical books take too long to reach my Antipodean land. I refuse to read anything on a Kindle. What I have will not be seized like contraband. I will defend the right to read without the wild west of a seizeable, vaporous format! My OS is Ubuntu Studio Linux. Most of my software is FOSS. I compose piano music using Musescore. The cognoscenti of musicality will never like my tunes. They are a weird, Saturnian lot.

Thank you. I used to volunteer to read university lectures onto tape. Over time the screen reader left that work outmoded. Let's create audio books and material!
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

I used to volunteer to read university lectures onto tape. Over time the screen reader left that work outmoded.
Welcome lightcrystal,

I used to read textbooks onto tape cassettes for my old uni and, like others, I have had no problem using all FOSS software on Librivox.

There is some useful information in Phil's welcome video, if you haven't already watched it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwtn_2d3_qs

And there's the Need Help? Forum if you have a specific question.

Best,

Barbara
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have just uploaded my 1 minute test mp3!
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.