Hello from Melbourne!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Hello!
My desktop's edge is like a cliff face. Down below are some books: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, Relativity by Albert Einstein and Titanic Astrology by Eileen Grimes. They were my years of the dead trees; now I am a digital consumer. I need a PDF or audio books. Physical books take too long to reach my Antipodean land. I refuse to read anything on a Kindle. What I have will not be seized like contraband. I will defend the right to read without the wild west of a seizeable, vaporous format! My OS is Ubuntu Studio Linux. Most of my software is FOSS. I compose piano music using Musescore. The cognoscenti of musicality will never like my tunes. They are a weird, Saturnian lot.

Thank you. I used to volunteer to read university lectures onto tape. Over time the screen reader left that work outmoded. Let's create audio books and material!
I use Linux. I also like penguins.
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

I used to volunteer to read university lectures onto tape. Over time the screen reader left that work outmoded.
Welcome lightcrystal,

I used to read textbooks onto tape cassettes for my old uni and, like others, I have had no problem using all FOSS software on Librivox.

There is some useful information in Phil's welcome video, if you haven't already watched it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwtn_2d3_qs

And there's the Need Help? Forum if you have a specific question.

Best,

Barbara
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have just uploaded my 1 minute test mp3!
I use Linux. I also like penguins.