Oh, hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
wineinmyglasses

Post by wineinmyglasses »

Hi, I'm Victoria, an avid reader from Texas who also loves to talk. I've enjoyed reading aloud most of my life, to my younger siblings and others, but audiobooks had never held much interest. I read so fast, and audiobooks seemed to take sooo long. So, its taken me quite a while to find LibriVox. Recently, I realized that someone had to be reading/recording all of these audiobooks; why not me? While attempting to find out how exactly one would go about recording an audiobook, LibriVox was suggested as a great resource to learn, polish your skills, and a wonderful cause. I'm looking forward to volunteering my voice in both English and French. I've seen several projects in the works that look interesting and have been listening to more audiobooks than, well, ever! I'm in the process of moving, and sadly this has made recording difficult at the moment. But I hope to be able to set up my space and record my audio test soon. I tried on my off hours at my office, but man, it is apparently so much noisier than I thought here!
Thank you for reading my long introduction. :D Hope you all have a wonderful day!
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Welcome! The only French that I know is by Debbie Harry and Kylie Minogue. A useful skill for Librivox!
I use Linux. I also like penguins.
wineinmyglasses

Post by wineinmyglasses »

lightcrystal wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:02 pm Welcome! The only French that I know is by Debbie Harry and Kylie Minogue. A useful skill for Librivox!
Thank you!. Glad to know! I don't use it very often here, so it'll be nice to have some practice.