Hello!!!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
H4pp1R34der

Post by H4pp1R34der »

Hi my name is Vawna! I am from Washington State, USA. I love reading and was recently introduced to the idea of being able to read books on an audible/audio setting. I was introduced to Librivox by a friend, who likes to read, but prefers to listen to the book. I listened to "Around the World in Eighty Days" here on Librivox. I've heard about this book for years and may have read it as a child, I don't remember. But listening to it was really fun. I decided to join because I love to do dramatic readings and had competed many years ago. Now it's for fun and I'm really excited to get started with all of you to bring reading of great works to the rest of the world!

:) :) :)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

H4pp1R34der wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:01 am Hi my name is Vawna! I am from Washington State, USA. I love reading and was recently introduced to the idea of being able to read books on an audible/audio setting. I was introduced to Librivox by a friend, who likes to read, but prefers to listen to the book. I listened to "Around the World in Eighty Days" here on Librivox. I've heard about this book for years and may have read it as a child, I don't remember. But listening to it was really fun. I decided to join because I love to do dramatic readings and had competed many years ago. Now it's for fun and I'm really excited to get started with all of you to bring reading of great works to the rest of the world!

:) :) :)
Welcome, from a fellow Washingtonian. The last part of your post about your past experiences sounds a lot like me. I hope you find as much fun here as I have. The people here are more than willing (and able) to assist you with any questions you might have.

Be sure and submit your "1 minute test", which is not a audition, but just to make sure your settings are compatible with the Librivox setup. Here is where to find out all about that, and many other interesting and important things about Librivox. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Welcome again,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
H4pp1R34der

Post by H4pp1R34der »

Thank you!