Hello from Boston!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jackaardvark

Post by jackaardvark »

Hi all! My name is Jack and I live in the Boston area (though I'm a transplant and don't have the wonderful local accent). I've been enjoying listening to some LibriVox recordings recently and thought it was time I started to contribute as well. I'm looking forward to doing some reading (as I'm sure most people are) but also potentially contributing in other ways such as prooflistening.

Je parle français aussi, au niveau intermédiaire, et j'espère que je peux contribuer un petit peu dans cette langue. Franchement, je n'ai pas beaucoup de confiance en ma parole (au moins pour l'écoute confortable des francophones natifs), mais peut-être je peux réécouter aux paroles des autres, par exemple.

Also, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's the deal with Thomas Mann? I was poking around looking for some potential projects and noticed that, e.g. the first English translation of Buddenbrooks came out in 1924 - yet presumably it's not in the public domain yet or there would be a recording of it already.

Anyways, looking forward to getting involved!

- Jack
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jackaardvark wrote: September 29th, 2021, 7:40 am Hi all! I'm looking forward to doing some reading (as I'm sure most people are)
You`re absolutely right! Welcome aboard! 🤠
Anyways, looking forward to getting involved!
Nice to see you already active; thanks for coming, Jack! 🤝
Happy New Year! 🍻
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄