Happy volunteer here ready to help with reading to folks!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
XavierVO27

Post by XavierVO27 »

Hi! My name is Xavier Torres (XavierVO27) and I'm really glad to be part of the forum. I am Mexican by nationality but have lived abroad extensively since my wee little years and now reside permanently in San Miguel de Allende (pronounced "ayende" :D ), a beautiful colonial town located in the middle of the country.

A close friend of mine said that I should make the most of my fluency in english (my native language) and spanish, and that one fun and interesting opportunity could be voice over and narration.

But first, he recommended I get a lot of practice before moving on to larger projects. So, I startedresearching and discovered LibriVox while reading a book by Lorelei King called "Storyteller: How to be an Audiobook Narrator".

And that lead me here! :clap:

Looking foward to learning and helping others by volunteering my voice to narrate both in english and spanish. Thanks again for the opportunity!
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hola, Xavier,

Bienvenido a Librivox! Que bueno encontrar un nuevo lector en nuestro idioma, porque desafortunadamente son pocos. :D

Vas a encontrar muchisimos proyectos en los cuales participar. Que disfrutes tus grabaciones!

Saludos cordiales,
Jasna
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Xavier and a big Welcome to LibriVox! You will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

Eager to get started? This video will walk you though the steps from just starting all the way to recording your first section. And get you recording quickly!! This video has links to each step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
XavierVO27

Post by XavierVO27 »

Dulcamara wrote: September 28th, 2021, 8:32 am Hola, Xavier,

Bienvenido a Librivox! Que bueno encontrar un nuevo lector en nuestro idioma, porque desafortunadamente son pocos. :D

Vas a encontrar muchisimos proyectos en los cuales participar. Que disfrutes tus grabaciones!

Saludos cordiales,
Jasna
Hola Jasna! Te soy bien sincero, esta es mi primera experiencia en narrar y hacer proyectos de tipo voice over. Pero ya leyendo y conociendo mas el forum, creo haber hecho lo correcto al unirme aqui!

Te agradezco tu muy amable bienvenida y espero tambien poder ofrecer mi ayuda en algun momento. Saludos!

Xavier
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

XavierVO27 wrote: September 27th, 2021, 12:25 pm Hi!

I started researching and discovered LibriVox while reading a book by Lorelei King called "Storyteller: How to be an Audiobook Narrator".

And that lead me here! :clap:
What a nice path! 👍

Thanks for joining, Xavier! Welcome! 😇
Stay safe, enjoy yourself, and have a prolific 2022! 🦥
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄