My introduction, I'm happy to be here.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AnthonyM

Post by AnthonyM »

Hello All,

I'm happy to be here. My name is Anthony and I'm an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic from a little property in rural Ontario, Canada. (Turn off of the paved road, hehe)

I have a background in public speaking and everyone thought I would be a teacher, coming up. I ended up apprenticing with my dad and becoming a mechanic. No regrets, I can fix just about everything you've ever seen on a show like "How it's Made" and I've worked all over my beautiful country.

I got back into public speaking for about 7 years when I turned 30. Because I had decided that eventually I wanted to switch over into education because I naturally end up teaching people as a part of everyday life. I wasn't about to jump ship because I'm finally making good money as a maintenance mechanic. Instead, I did some online schooling and started passively applying for internal positions with my company.

After suffering an injury about a year ago that we're still trying to fix, I decided I need to do something from home that makes me feel like I'm contributing to society.

That lead me here, this place seems perfect for a fella like me!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome! I practically live in sight of the 401, but enough out of the city to breathe clean air. :P

Good to have you here!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

AnthonyM wrote: September 26th, 2021, 6:51 am Hello All,

I can fix just about everything you've ever seen on a show like "How it's Made"
Ad on the "Mythbusters", I suppose) 🦾
Welcome, Anthony! 🙃
After suffering an injury about a year ago that we're still trying to fix, I decided I need to do something from home that makes me feel like I'm contributing to society.
Have good health and a lot of fun here! 🛴 🛶
That lead me here, this place seems perfect for a fella like me!
Agree. Thanx for coming and Happy New Year! 💯
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Let me add my welcome Anthony. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

You (yes YOU!) are invited to the BEGINNERS ZOOM LIVRIVOX GROUP, Monday, Jan 3, 2022. Join in either or both of two sessions and talk with other LibriVox old timers and newbies; ask questions, and chit chat. Tell us about yourself, some interesting machines you've fixed and your pets. First Monday of the month.

11 am & 11 pm Central time USA. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8840814632
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk