New Reader Seeks Advice

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

Hello everyone,

thank you for confirming me into the LibriVox community. I have been listening to various audiobooks for several years now, and am eager to begin recording my own readings.

That is where I could use some advice. Are there any readings that are priority, or is it largely up to the reader to decide what to record?

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Ryan
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It is up to the reader - all books in the readers wanted forums want readers to help finish them. And have a book coordinator waiting to help you get started.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

And to add to what Anne said: once you've gotten your feet wet with recording and used to how our systems work around here, you could venture into solo recordings. (As a soloist, you're in charge of the project and managing the Magic Window, so it's good to know your way around a bit. Not to mention, it's good to know if you like recording and editing before jumping into a solo!)

The Book Suggestions forum is full of books people have suggested. They are pretty much all free game, so people can browse there and see what strikes their fancy.

We do also put there some project threads made by over-enthusiastic new readers who want to jump into a solo, but find they would prefer to wait a little bit. ;) Those are a weird anomaly in the Book Suggestions forum, and their thread title generally starts with "SOLO". It's probably wise to skip over those.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Ryanwill4 wrote: ↑September 19th, 2021, 7:43 pm Hello everyone,

thank you for confirming me into the LibriVox community. I have been listening to various audiobooks for several years now, and am eager to begin recording my own readings.

That is where I could use some advice. Are there any readings that are priority, or is it largely up to the reader to decide what to record?

Ryan
Happy to see you figured out everything well here. πŸ˜€ πŸ’ͺ

Welcome and many thanks for taking part in this, Ryan! πŸ™
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

HandmadePSK wrote: ↑December 22nd, 2021, 12:47 pm
Ryanwill4 wrote: ↑September 19th, 2021, 7:43 pm Hello everyone,

Ryan
Happy to see you figured out everything well here. πŸ˜€ πŸ’ͺ

Welcome and many thanks for taking part in this, Ryan! πŸ™
Thank you, Alexander! Trying my hand at a solo project - wish me luck!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Ryanwill4 wrote: ↑December 22nd, 2021, 6:27 pm Thank you, Alexander! Trying my hand at a solo project - wish me luck!
Be blessed! 🌞
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„