Introduction - Chris Vanderford

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
poyre

Post by poyre »

Hello,

I am just brand new to the forum and saw a suggestion of posting an introduction, so thought I would.

My name is Chris Vanderford. I am married with two kids and recently (2 years ago) moved to Florida for work. I have been in IT for my whole professional career and in management for almost 20 years. In January I got COVID-19 and was hospitalized for it. I ended up with long haul symptoms of brain fog, with an inability to focus, problem solve, or have any real executive function. My recovery period has accelerated the last couple months and am just about ready to get back to a normal life, including going back to work.

One of the things I did while recovering was evaluate my career. I had always wanted to do something with my voice because I've been told it's nice many times. So, I thought voice over work would be a good idea and wanted to get involved in it. A friend suggested this site as a way to gain some experience before applying to other gigs so I wasn't going in "blind".

Anyway IT Management can be a very stress filled environment and recently I realized just how that was affecting me and my family, so this is an effort to do something a little different. Probably on the side, and not all I would do, simply because of the financials involved, but fun and rewarding (I hope!).

I will likely be taking things slow so I don't over do it. I definitely do not want to backslide with my health, but also find myself getting bored so need to amp up my activity a little bit.

Thanks for listening
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Good luck and wishing you the best in your health!
Marie Christian
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Chris,

It's good to have you with us. I wish you every success and a full recovery soon.

Have a great time here!

Dulcamara
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.