Hello from Utah

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mdunncheme

Post by mdunncheme »

Hey everyone, I'm totally new here. I'm sure like a lot of you, people have told me I should do voice work for a long time. With adult responsibilities and whatnot, I haven't made the time up until now.

I also have a question - I have recorded a complete children's book and I'm pretty sure it's in the format required by Librivox. Where and how should I post that for critique/approval?
Mike D.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

The first thing you should do is your one-minute test, just to make sure that your audio files are going to be in the format we need.

As for the children's book you mention, is it the one you just posted in the Launch Pad? If so, then you're on the right track. We'll need you to confirm that the source text you linked to is actually the one you recorded from, as opposed to using a more modern edition, for instance. Then after the files are uploaded (again, make sure they're in the right format by doing the test!), then we'll need to find someone to proof listen, and you'll need to stick around in case any changes are needed. That's kind of the process in a nutshell.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

mdunncheme wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 4:22 pm Hey everyone, I'm totally new here.
Hello & welcome, Mike! 🤠

Thank you for your volunteer work and congrats on your first and very good book! 🤝
Stay safe! 💫
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄