Hello, from Howard in Essex (UK)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
HowardP

Post by HowardP »

Hello to all!

My name is Howard and I'm from Loughton in Essex (not far from North East London suburbs) in the UK.

I've been involved in amateur theatre (UK term for Community Theatre) since my childhood in the 1970's and have a wide experience as an actor, backstage crew, and recently, during the lockdown, have produced/directed online productions for my theatre group, which we have posted on Youtube.

I'm really missing acting in front of a live audience, and would like to put my experience to good use via LibriVox.

Many years ago I volunteered for Talking Newspapers for the Blind - with regular recordings, and I used to work for RNIB - an organisation for blind and visually impaired people.

In September, I'll be taking a short course on Acting for Radio - which I'm really looking forward to.

I have a particular affinity for accents (I studied Spanish as my main degree - now semi fluent, but out of practice!)

I'm looking forward to any suitable recording projects (my demo has now been assessed and approved) and hope to get involved soon.

Regards,

Howard.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Welcome to LibriVox, Howard! It's great to have you on board! :)

Michael
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HowardP wrote: July 28th, 2021, 3:56 am Hello to all!
Congrats on passing your test, thank you for being here, and warm welcome, Howard! 🙃 🤝 ⭐
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄