First Time

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
smoothvoice42

Post by smoothvoice42 »

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I enjoy writing and read at times, when a book catch my interest lol. I have been told by other people that I have a voice that could be used for some commercials or possible voice work, so I am giving this a try. I have not experience with reading things aloud, but I am willing to learn and take constructive feedback. Thanks for reading this, hope everyone has a great day and/or evening

Smoothvoice32
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Smoothvoice32,

Welcome to Librivox! I'm sure you'll have a great time recording! There are different kinds of projects to choose from (short stories, novels, non-fiction, dramatic readings, etc.)

Before they start recording, new readers are required to submit a one-minute test just to check they'll be working with the correct specifications- it is by no means an audition! Once that's OK, you'll be good to go and choose a project to start recording. New Librivoxers are advised to start by claiming one section in a collective work before recording solo. In that way they can get familiar with the recording and editing process.

There's a lot going on at Librivox at any given time, so at the beginning it may all a look a bit confusing. :D Just take your time to browse and if you have any question, do not hesitate to post in the Need Help? forum. This is a friendly community and other Librivoxers will reply.

Thank you for volunteering. Have a wonderful time here! :clap:

Jasna (happy proof-listener)
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.