Hi from Barcelona. I'm Roser Leal

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RoserLeal

Post by RoserLeal »

Hi from Barcelona. I'm Roser Leal.
I was born in http://albaladejo.es/(Ciudad Real), in the south of Spain, but I have lived in Barcelona for more than 56 years.
I participate as a volunteer in the "Donants de veu" project promoted by LletrA of the UOC (Open University of Catalonia)
The purpose of the "Donants de veu" campaign is to create a network of 100 volunteers, record and edit 100 audiolectures of the classic works of Catalan literature and publish them on websites and open platforms so that everyone who wants to can listen and enjoy them.
I have spoken Catalan since I arrived in Barcelona but my accent is very characteristic of Barcelona.
I hope you like the legends because all the participants of the "Donants de veu" project are going to read you some of the best ones in the public domain.
RoserLeal

Post by RoserLeal »

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hi Roser,

Welcome to LibriVox! :) Some technical parameters in your test recording need to be adjusted to meet LibriVox standards. The good news is that the recordings you posted in Listeners & Editors Wanted don't have these problems, but just for the record, they are:

1) The recording should use a constant bit rate rather than variable bit rate (VBR).  

2) The bit rate should be 128 kbps

3) The recording should be in mono sound, not stereo sound.  Help

In Audacity, all these parameters are set during export to mp3. See the last step in the "Configure" section here:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Audacity_1-2-3

4) The volume of the recording is too low. In Audacity recording level is controlled by a sliding bar.

5) There is a high level of background noise. Here's how to apply noise reduction in Audacity:

Step 1 - Get a noise profile
Select a piece of background noise (without speech or breaths) in your audio.
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction...
Click "Get Noise Profile"

Step 2 - Apply noise reduction
Select your complete recording (click on the left pane or press CTRL-A / Command-A)
In Menu click: Effect > Noise Reduction...

Set Noise Reduction (dB) to 10 (for moderate noise reduction, 20 for stronger reduction)
Set sensitivity to 6
Set frequency smoothing bands to 1
Choose Noise: Reduce
Click ok

You can check all our technical specs in your mp3 yourself using the Checker program:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

Alternatively, just keep doing whatever you did while recording the readings you posted in Listeners & Editors Wanted. :)

Michael
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

RoserLeal wrote: July 25th, 2021, 2:09 am Hi from Barcelona. I'm Roser Leal.

I participate as a volunteer in the "Donants de veu" project promoted by LletrA of the UOC (Open University of Catalonia)
The purpose of the "Donants de veu" campaign is to create a network of 100 volunteers, record and edit 100 audiolectures of the classic works of Catalan literature and publish them on websites and open platforms so that everyone who wants to can listen and enjoy them.
A warm hello to the sunny Barna! 🌞

Yes, I`ve already met people here mentioning the "Donants de veu" project, which seems to be a nice thing. ⭐
Have a pleasant experience, Roser! 🌺
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄