G'day G'day

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TommyLay10

Post by TommyLay10 »

My name's Tom and I'm from Sydney. Creative writing student, bartender, amateur actor. Keen to get involved in a few projects, help a good cause, and fill in the hours. Of which I have far too many as I live right in the middle of the Sydney lockdown and can barely leave my house.
Aligator

Post by Aligator »

G'day Tom.
I totally sympathise with your predicament. Also from Australia, though I'm down near Melbourne. It's certainly tough times we're living in.
See you around.
Cheers, Alison.
Never regret anything that made you smile. - Mark Twain
A person's a person, no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss
ScottinTexas

Post by ScottinTexas »

I always dreamed of Australia from listening to the works of Men at Work and watching The Coca Cola Kid. If anything, I saw it as a bastion of freedom. That may not be the case after all. But, from Texas, I think we kinda relate to you guys on some level.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I always feel Queenslanders are a bit like Texans :D
Tom, just check out your welcome email and let's see your 1 minute - test. It's not an audition, just a way of checking the tech bits line up with Internet Archives requirements - much easier to tweek 1 minute than 1 hour.
Hope things in Sydney get better soon - also hope no more Sydney removalists come and spread covid down the Hume, across to Adelaide, and then cross-country to Sydney :D

Anne
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

annise wrote: July 25th, 2021, 10:01 pm I always feel Queenslanders are a bit like Texans :D

Anne
In case you missed it, ScottinTexas, that was a great compliment Annise just paid to Texans!

BarbarainQld