Hello, from Catalonia

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ISABELROCA

Post by ISABELROCA »

Hello,

I'm Isabel Roca and I'm 58 years old. I'm from Catalonia, I live in a small village far from Barcelona. I've joined the campaing -Donants de veu- to read a book in catalan. I'm very glad to do this experience and there's a lot of work to do. I do some readings at the local radio but I've never tried to do a full book, so its a great challenge. I've choosed >Pilar Prim , by Narcís Oller.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

ISABELROCA wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 10:20 pm Hello,

I'm Isabel Roca and I'm 58 years old. I'm from Catalonia, I live in a small village far from Barcelona. I've joined the campaing -Donants de veu- to read a book in catalan. I'm very glad to do this experience and there's a lot of work to do. I do some readings at the local radio but I've never tried to do a full book, so its a great challenge. I've choosed >Pilar Prim , by Narcís Oller.
Hi Isabel,

Welcome to LibriVox! :) It's great to see more Catalan audiobooks being recorded! Please be sure to tell us which source you're planning to read from before you start recording it, so we can verify that it's in the public domain in the US, where our servers are located. I see that the edition of Pilar Prim at Wikisource has a scan available via the Font tab and it was published before 1926, so we can use this one:

https://ca.wikisource.org/wiki/Pilar_Prim

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :)

Michael
ISABELROCA

Post by ISABELROCA »

Hello,

I've been preparing a reading of a version of the book from 1928.

It's an edition dated 1928 and I got it from the local library.

I asked if this one could be possible , and free , and they told me that it was right.

How can I send the image of the book to you ?

I'll wait for your reply to upload it.

Thank you,

Isabel
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Unfortunately, while the 1928 edition may be in the public domain in the EU, it won't be in the public domain in the US until 2024, which means we can't publish a reading of this edition at LibriVox. If you prefer to record from the 1928 edition, you could publish it at another site, such as Legamus.eu or Wikimedia. The website of LletrA mentions that they're planning to set up a page for hosting recordings made by Donants de veu volunteers.

Michael
ScottinTexas

Post by ScottinTexas »

Few things roll off the tongue with more satisfaction than "Catalonia."
ISABELROCA

Post by ISABELROCA »

Hello,

Thank you for your explanation, at the begining I asked for this edition and all seemed to be ok.

I will contact with "Donants de Veu".

It has been a pleasure to know about you.

It's a pity not having the opportunity at this moment, I hope to become volunteer nex time.

Isabel
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

ISABELROCA wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:59 am It's a pity not to have the opportunity at this moment, I hope to become a volunteer next time.
Yes, that`s a pity! 🦌

Anyhow, welcome and thank you for coming here, Isabel! Hope to meet you sometime in the future. 🌷
Good luck! 🍐
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄