New guy!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
HaydenC

Post by HaydenC »

Hey everyone! My name's Hayden, I'm from Alabama and have been wanting to dip my toes into audiobook narration for a while now. Pretty much after my voice changed in my teens and got a lot deeper, people would consistently tell me they'd listen to an audiobook if I read it. So now I'm deciding to take their advice and give it shot.

The way I got involved with LibriVox was that I was at university taking an English Literature class, and like your typical college student, I didn't keep up with the reading for the week. So I found a LibroVox recording of Pride and Prejudice on YouTube and would listen to it on the hour long commute to campus that I had trying to get back on track. I really enjoyed the reading, and when I looked into LibriVox more, I really connected with the idea of it. Bringing a voice to stories in the public domain people might not have heard of or are looking for specifically was definitely a great resource for me as a student. Plus I figured this would be a good way for me to get some hands on experience with audiobook narration and the technical side of things since I really like hands on learning. I've always had a deep passion for stories and the whole craft of fiction, and have done some amateur writing of my own, so I definitely see what LibriVox is doing as a really great way of giving back to the community and keeping these stories alive in some small way.

Happy to get started!
ScottinTexas

Post by ScottinTexas »

Glad to have you here. I'm new myself.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

HaydenC wrote: ↑July 21st, 2021, 12:23 pm Hey everyone!

Happy to get started!
Welcome, Hayden! 🦝

Nice to meet you & happy you get started so well! 🀝
Have fun! πŸ€—
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

ScottinTexas wrote: ↑July 25th, 2021, 9:35 pm Glad to have you here. I'm new myself.
Hello & welcome, Scott! πŸ‘ πŸ–

Thanks for joining! 😎
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„